Wednesday, March 30, 2011

25 years here


Cyprus

Our Planet observatory

Deer grazing at St.Marys Phoenix Park

Steam fire engine

Malahide



Old motor tax office


Guess what ?

I am 25 years in my home this week!
So much has happened since then,

There was a thing on TV the other day with a house with boxes piled high in every room.It brought it all back.

When we got everything unloaded from the trucks(More than one)We couldn't find the kettle.

So we went to the neighbors for tea.
As the fella said we have passed a lot of water since that time.

I am sure you could agree with me when I say I must be the most stupid person on the planet when it comes to myself.
My back was giving me problems and I went to for acupuncture.
The doctor who used to be in this office was fantastic.
But alas he has retired and gone back to China, he had no English, but had a great sense of humor.
Sadly the lady who now is in his office needs lots more training.
Well when I went for a second session with a more local practitioner she was furious that I would allow anyone to treat me with needles from a holder rather than from a sealed sterile pack.
You also need physio for the back, you can feel things falling back into place when it is done correctly.
Oh yes and heat that is so hot on your back that its only bearable.

So after a week resting I went back Monday and Tuesday.

Then on Wednesday I hit a bump which shot right down my spine and now I am nearly as bad as I ever was.
The seating position when you are driving is very important. If you drive a SUV or a van type vehicle your sitting position is upright,for a saloon car your sitting position is all wrong, you are lying back too much, which is one reason I don't have an Audi R8.But that is only one reason.
I think the seating in the Avensis was the worst car seat ever, I even thought about having the driver seat changed after having a lumbar support and a beaded seat cover to no avail.I was told all about how taking out the seat would blow the air bags and cause all kinds of bother.

I had 2 assholes from Italy in the car going to the airport the other day, when the question of what they did for a living came up they said they were involved in alternative energy. I added my tuppence worth with the suggestion that gas from sewage could easily be harvested and burned to produce heat, its an asset which is going to waste all over the world. His next words surprised me.
"Oh so you are suddenly an expert on alternative energy are you?"
There is not one solution to this problem, it will be a collection of small things that will improve the picture,not one big thing.
We can't all have windmills in our gardens, but we all shit, some of us shit a lot more than others.
He said nothing more.
They fell asleep after that, all the way to the airport, but there was no tip.

Monday and Tuesday I got 3 lifts each day right off the street to the airport, .
One was that well known politician Ray Burke

You might have noticed that they have been lifting manhole covers lately and sticking down hoses from "Gravy suckers". They don't seem to be well organized, well to my eye anyhow. The other day in Santry a car drove into an open manhole and shot down an embankment..Some genius had not put the cover back on !

You have to have a team, Jack you take off the cover and put out the cones, Jimmy get them hoses out and Tom you will be the dope on the rope that dives down the hole, I will be the safety man and Sean direct traffic.
Problem was that Jack didn't put the cover back.

Let's hope no one was killed.



Of all the things I ever saw this beats everything.
Now don't say you expected this to happen.

6 comments:

  1. Belfast Taxi just died?

    Check his blog. I'm afraid its true :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:52 AM

    Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological world all is
    existing on net?
    My weblog - government mortgage help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:52 AM

    Amаzing! Its in fact remarkаblе pаragrаph, I havе got much
    сleaг ideа about from this pіece
    of writing.
    My page :: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:39 PM

    Amаzing blog! Is your theme custom mаde οr diԁ уou ԁownload іt
    fгom someωhere? A theme like yours with а feω simple tωeeks wоulԁ really mаκe my
    blοg shine. Plеasе let me κnow where you got your theme.
    Many thanks

    Here is my blog; vintagesexpics.com
    Also see my page :: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:13 AM

    Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about
    this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you could do with some pics to drive
    the message home a bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog.
    An excellent read. I will definitely be back.

    My site; diet plans that work fast

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:21 AM

    An informatiоn and instructional sіtе fοr the home pizza cоok.
    Thеre are ρlentу of electrіc ovens that
    will ѕtill knоcκ уour sοcks оff.
    Most bгead maсhinеs cοme with а reciρе booκ includеԁ.


    mу web blog; pizza pan avon ohio
    my web site :: pizza pan application

    ReplyDelete