Friday, May 26, 2017

Be careful for what you wish.


In Portabello, lunch special

Mama Mia


Strolling through Ulysses


To celebrate our birthdays my wife and I went for an Italian meal and then to a performance of "Strolling through Ulysses"
In the cellar of the Stags Head pub. (Every Sunday 1.30 and 5.30)
Its really good one man show if you have ever tried to read the book.



Sometimes you wish
That things would be better
That it might stop raining
That you might win the €115.million on the Euromillions draw.
Then you see something that makes you thank God that things are as it is at present.

I have a friend who is Muslim and she says to me "Be careful for what you wish for John, you are the happiest person I know. If Allah gave you the lottery. The devil would take away all your happiness.
For every moment of happiness their is a equal moment of pain"

Some friend she is !

This morning I stopped to pick up a young French girl with a walking stick.
God but she was on her last legs, fighting not to go into a wheelchair and very delicate.
Her limbs had splints on which I presume were to prevent her bones from snapping.
On arrived at her stop I told her to stay where she was so that I could help her out.
She stood up and as I closed the door she nearly fell right over on to her back. 
But I had her and I walked her to her front door.
Guys if you saw her,such a wonderful gentle and beautiful person.

Why don't the scumbags and pedophiles of this world get sick? 

This world has no logic or justice for sure.

It would be great to have the ability to change it all. 
as the guy said "To change the world you start in your own corner and work outwards,"

This weekend we had Africa day, where the country's which make up the continent get together to show Ireland their richness of culture.
Then we had "The battle of the bay" on Dollymount strand, all kinds of kite surfing, volleyball and loads of other beach activities.

Boys and girls on Hailo, the world has shifted and we are now Mytaxi!!!!!

Something which was great has been replaced by something much much worse.

They are spending hundreds of thousands to say that HailO is now Mytaxi
Yet for the drivers it is crap and for the public it is also crap.
You can't order a 6 seater cab, you don't know if there are many free cabs around before you order one, the drivers are being offered a job as far as 12 Kms away !
Then when you take a job other jobs keep coming in.
When that job is finished and you you are on and log off they tell you that they have suspended you from duty as you have refused too many jobs.

Worst thing of all is that there is no one to listen, "send in an Email" and when you do no one listens to you, or you get a standard reply 2 weeks later.

So my friends there other apps and we will scour the streets before we pay 12%of our money to keep the deaf giant alive.
 
 A fan of the blog was in the taxi the other day.
You are Dublintaxi blog !!!!!!!
"Why didn't you come to the Blog Awards?" He implied that I had won a prize.
Well for myself it is only a way of letting off steam, I don't do awards.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment