Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Exam time


A Barrell organ in Holland

A Lion at Clontarf Castle

Smithfield

Today the state exams begin for our pupils, Ie Bac. in France and GCSEs in Britain.
Keep your cool kids,if you are relaxed the information will come to you more easily.

But exams are a bad way of measuring peoples ability.
If you fail at exams it doesn't show that you are not a quick thinking intelligent person with great potential.
This may not be your year or your subject.
Hang in there, start your own business. Become a millionaire.
A guy called Guy Martin in the UK was told by his teacher that he was stupid and that he never would amount to much.
The teachers name was J.D.Weatherspoon.
Every pub Mr Martin opens bears that teachers name and his sales are in the millions.

In the taxi business things are lifting a bit, a little bit more work.
I have my formula to follow so I have no complaints.

I asked that you say a prayer to your various Gods for Timothy Harte aged 11 who was going for a bone marrow transplant.
He had Leukemia the poor kid.

The Great news is that the transplant worked and all the new blood cells are now from the donor marrow.
Thanks for all the prayers , we all wish him a wonderful summer.
Your health is something we take for granted until it goes wrong.

Kids are great but tricky, my wife's spare key went missing so she has no key of her own.
She went to visit the grandchildren in Northern Ireland last week and I got a phone call that she couldn't open the door of the car. What should she do?
I talked her through what the problem might be to no avail.
So I drove up (Return trip 420 Kms)
I opened the car with the valet key, everything was dead.
A battery charger was connected, after an hour. Still nothing.
A jump start was required, but as the cars were at an aqard angle 2 sets of jump leads were needed.
With a flash she sperung into life.
So I drove her car home.
On the way home as it got darker I noticed that all the internal lights had been turned on.
Lucy my granddaughter had turned them on.
But in my car when you lock the car all the lights turn off.

So as they say in China "Shit happens"

Manx radio comes in on my car radio and all this week the TT races are broadcast

Sadly as I came home tonight on the radio they reported the death of an Irish  rider from Co.Meath.

mad men for sure
 One millimeter wrong and you are gone at 180 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment