Saturday, May 19, 2018

Wedding bells


Looking for a Taxi to America ??

This IS Google

Photo shoot over they return

Off to the garden center

A big big day in the UK everywhere was buzzing about the Royal Wedding.
I had no interest in it at all I live in a republic and tip my hat to no Queen or Kyser.
Anyhow it was my birthday !!!!

We had The Rolling Stones and Ed Sheeran giving concerts here in Dublin, the Stones did not sell out and Ed Sheerans concert was herd in a public park with complaints about bad sound and not being able to even see the stage.
There were tickets available for the Stones and for a brief moment I asked my son if he wanted to go.  The answer was no which saved me around €300. Hotels and guest houses were charging €300 to €400for B&B for one night.
If it was me I would park my car somewhere and walk back to it. sleep for a couple of hours and drive home.  Daylight Robbery is the only word for that kind of carry on.

I had a really clever guy in the taxi 60 next year and he sold his company.
They want him to stay on for a year to "bed in" the company for them.
But now he is not the boss and they do not understand how he made the company the success it became. They give orders, they don't talk to the staff. My best designer has handed in his notice.
He talked to him and said he would be getting €2000 a month more but would not stay with the company even if he got €5000 more.
This guy is a problem solver with buckets of experience. The new guys will get a young graduate for little or no payment, its all going to turn out badly.
"It is as bad as that"
He told me that he would buy breakfast for all the workers every Friday morning. It cost him €4.20 per person.
The rules were
No mobile phones, laptops or tablets at the table and you had to be at the table by 8.30 am.
This got the staff meeting each other and small problems got sorted out., in a social setting.
It was terrific value to me.
The new company cancelled the breakfast.They only arrive in at 9.30 on Fridays

Morale is very low.

He said that around half of the staff are moving on, and the owners of my company want me to stay on for another year.
But its time for me to go for sure.
I drove him to the trade show.
The new people will be introduced to a lot of his clients today, they will not really care who they are or the significance of them, they will be more interested in their own Rolex watches and their shiny suits..

So he went to the meeting, he was a very clever guy I hope he enjoys his retirement.
He was born in Finglas a real working class area and knew the value loyalty and skill, I find that people who work their way up they appreciate these things more.

There was a story about a guy who once let his company go public. The  "Experts" came in an ruined the business. When the shares fell through the floor he bought them all  back and sacked every one of the experts, then he re-built the company and sold it.

I had a runner the other day up to Darndale. I took a photo from the footage of the dashcam. I put it on social media and got his name in less than 1/2 hour. So back to the cop shop where I was asked 30 questions then I had to provide footage of the entire incident. Which I did.
Watch this space.

Another customer who uses a Moroccan taxi driver told me that the driver picked up a drunk man who assaulted him. He got the mans name and the man had a criminal record. The judge told the man that he had to present €1500 to the court this week to compensate the driver he hit or he would be put in prison that very day.

No comments:

Post a Comment