Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The man who gave and gave

The history of MSL motors, the guy in the middle once dragged me into the garage to get a good photo of a vintage car.

News on the street is that it is very cold

A Citroen 2CV
About the top photo, Stephen the founder of the MSL became the richest man in Ireland.

 Years ago I bought a 2CV van after its first service it was hard to start.
I went back twice but all they said was "There all like that"
Not much help.
I asked around and found a Lebanese air frame mechanic who worked at the airport.
I phoned him and he told me to buy points and  spark plugs and to come to his house in Stepaside on Saturday morning. I arrived and he held up his bandaged hand.
He had cut a sinew on the back of his hand and could not work for 6 weeks.
I was disappointed and turned to go.
Then I had a flash of insperation and went back.
I became his hands and he coached me through the service.
He was happy for the company and told me all the little things that there was to know about the car.
It is a 2 cylinder air cooled engine.
When I took out a spark plug he jumped off his chair. Who put that plug in? I said the garage.
That is a short reach plug. You should only use Champion L87Y a long reach plug.
For the next 10 years she ran like a Swiss watch.
Another thing is that it takes a very special brake fluid, never mix it with a different type.

Every week I say a prayer for a passenger who got into my taxi 16 or more years ago.
Last night I wrote a letter to him as his Dublin office is closed down, mission complete.
Before the office closed I used email to stay in touch.
I would hate for him to die and not know how much he affected my life in a positive way.
Now I asked a mutual friend of his to pass on my letter.

If you know me I am talking about Chuck Feeney the man who made and gave away $8 billion.

https://www.atlanticphilanthropies.org/chuck-feeneys-story

So for heros I aim high.

 Crime rears its ugly head here all the time.
2 Boys of 13/14 are on trial for killing and raping a 14 year old girl
A man was stabbed in O'Connell St and died
A girl was raped at a Luas stop the other day.
The gang land shootings go on

It is very hard to keep your mind on the positive.
I have told many people to listen to Robin Sharma, he is great



Ah she is playing my song






No comments:

Post a Comment