Thursday, July 23, 2020

Dublin winner! Euromillions €49.5 million

Wow what a prize.
But money causes misery... Its true.
Too little and too much.
A friend of mine won around £4.7 million in Punts and his brother rang me up to come to the party.
I really wished him well but I had commitments in the morning.

A few weeks later I met him and his wife on Talbot St, he looked as if he had been beaten up.
I asked him what happened nd he told me that few of his friends had turned up to the party apart from cousins and then around 20 gangsters turned up and drank the pub dry. Then they smashed up the place.

Every day he got 2 sack fulls of begging letters and people calling to the door.

One day a man approached him and said that the was from the IRA and if he did not get €1 million he would kidnap his nephew..(Peter had no kids)
So he went to the Garda who said that they would look after everything, "Who do you think they are?" he asked. They didn't know but how the hell could they protect anyone then.

He went to live in America and kept his head down after around 8 years he came home and lives quietly in Dublin.

The jackpot was €30 one day and I checked the ticket on the app.
"Its a winner"
I checked it twice more and it said it again winner.
I would always say that it should have read, congratulations you have won €5 etc.
But the jackpot was won and I had a winning ticket.

I checked the ticket in the morning again.
No change

This is the winning ticket 
So I got my passport, driving license and and bank details and headed into the Lotto headquarters.

She took my golden ticket and said  "Yes you have won a €3 ticket in the millionaires raffle" 

I was shocked and she told me that it takes until 11 am the next day for the system to calculate your winnings..   I stood there doing my impression of a goldfish.

When I got home she that must be obeyed gave me hell.
"What was your plan? What was going on in your head? "
It took a week to settle down.

Then I met a wonderful man who worked it all out.

Chuck Feeney the man who invented duty free shopping had it all worked out.
I brought him into a press conference and the next day I read about him.

He became a Billionaire and gave it all away (Look for the book the billionaire who wasn't)

Most rich people do not flash the cash, why would you do that?

Anyhoo  God must have a plan, that's why he keeps me poor 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment