Tuesday, September 14, 2021

RIP Terry

Last Sunday we drove up to Coalisland Co Tyrone to lay Prof. Terrance McDonagh to rest. He was a professor of economics in Galway university, where he arrived from America to make the journey home from his ancestors came from in the black 1850s in the time of the famine. He married my wife's best friend and they moved to Galway.

He had many friends around the world and he was appalled by the great divide between the rich and the poor. His service was broadcast via the internet and we were joined by people in Japan, China, Peru, Venezuela, Canada and Cuba.

You could listen to him talking about how things should be,

He will be greatly missed.

Then on the way home (2 1/2 hours each way from Dublin) I heard a sound which I had not heard in years "Beeep" then the power in the car got less.

I had run out of fuel.

But the Prius has a battery which brought me into Swords !!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment