Friday, July 14, 2023

Emergency Emergency

There was a problem in London and my wife and I had to go. Its a busy spot and there was a lot of coming and going. Taxis in London are a hell of a lot cheaper than here. But the tube and rail are as cheap as chips.

We were in a place called East Ham. This area is settled by Indian and Pakistani people. 

Boys first names in Galway threw up a surprising result. The most popular name for a boy was not Seamus or Sean but Mohamed.

Changing times here for sure.

On the way home I spoke to a very interesting lady from Limerick, she has many irons in many fires and she told me how she guided women's groups into action to get the law into force that you cannot take photographs of female people without their consent.To make the point they sent more than 2,000 photos of women in compromising positions, all the photos were taken without consent.

This situation has now been passed into law and having such material in your posession will land you in jail.

As we were talking she congratulated another girl further back. "Do you not know her? Olivia Rodrigo. Her record is number one in the Irish charts this week"

So there I was surrounded by greatness.

Today I noticed that my mobile phone was bulging. I showed it to the lads  who nearly had a shit fit. "Its going to explode, turn it off, put it into the old saucepan out the back" 

So now I have to buy a new phone. Where does all the fun end.

I had to go to the ferry to bring my son home and it was strange to say that there was no taxis there. So today I got up at 5.30 and popped down. I was the only taxi there and I got a 20€ job, I just kept being lucky and was home by 12 noon.

My youngest son has passed the PSV test and he is doing the paperwork to become either a second driver (A cosy) or I will retire and win the Lotto and go to live in the South of France.

Well you have to have some plan !

I don't like to talk about passengers but I was telling another driver about this coloured girl who is a barrister and she goes to Dun Laoighre, she is from Cork and one day her father rang her when we were on the move. God we had this wonderful outburst of 10 minutes of conversation in her charming Cork musical accent.

So so different. If you could bottle the lilt you would get €50 a bottle.

He has had her as well and we both agreed that it was a pleasure to drive her 

No comments:

Post a Comment