Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steve Jobs RIP


Dublin City falling down


Artistic bus


Adare Co.Limerick

Sad to hear that Steve Jobs founder and the brains behind Apple computers has passed over.
I still have one of his first computers in the garage, I bet it still works too.
The first computers with their green screen never crashed and there was no fans roaring away while you tried to work.
Microsoft stole the edge from him for a while, but it was with I pods and the new I fones that he bounced back, giving the kids Gigabytes of music.
Sorry but the older the fone the better for me. But I see my kids flicking through pages of information all thanks to Apple.

You must all know the story about how he started off building computers in the family garage. He had found out that some people did not want to build the computers themselves, so he went into production.
Now things were getting hectic in the garage so he rented a factory unit.
Then came the big day to move his boxes of tricks out. So he hired a driver and a van to give him a hand. He was strapped for cash and offered the driver a share in his new company, Apple.
The driver must tell the story over and over again !

HE HELD OUT TO BE PAID IN CASH !
THE SHARES WOULD BE WORTH MILLIONS TODAY.

So whether you are rich or poor spare a thought for all the people around who are fighting Cancer, a special prayer for you Nancy, I hope your results are good.

Your health is your wealth, and all the wealth cannot buy your health back again.

So what else is happened to me today !.
A lady coming from a personal trainer nearly dying !
She is getting married soon and went to get toned up.
"MY God he nearly killed me! I had no idea I was so unfit"

A retired teacher from Galway who taught a Polish girl for her Leaving Cert. She got an A in Irish, she had only done the subject for 2 years as well.
I went through my usual rant about how the migrants are the ones with ambition, they work at 2 or 3 jobs just to give their kids the chance they never had. Boston is a great city to see how many of them have propelled themselves to excellence in the Legal, Medical and Financial institutions.
Yes we know many have fallen by the wayside,that's life, many more have progressed though.
A Polish man drinking Red Bull wearing a suit. He was going for a job interview.
The Red Bull was causing him to stutter. I hope he got a bottle of water to drink before he met the panel.

Young electrician going to hospital for tests. Bemoaning the fact that in spite of paying taxes while he was working. He now finds himself in the position where he is out of work and he is entitled to no unemployment benefit.
Even though he has always paid taxes on his work.
Then to add insult to injury he sees refugees coming into Ireland and they get houses and every damn thing handed to them.
So Australia is calling him and when he gets the all clear he will be away.

Another young girl off to Frankfurt, her job were looking for people and she saw the chance to better herself. Lucky girl things are on the up and up.

Two really funny women off to Pearse St.
They were just after a really hot curry.
I just had to say "If you think it was hot going in wait until it comes out and burns your arse!" This lifted the mood no end.
They were in tears getting out with the laughing, €4 tip for the good of it all.

This lifted my mood as well and I can reveal that more business came my way as a result.

On the news,
A woman who refused to allow the electricity company on her land was released from jail today, she had spent 22 days locked up because she refused to allow the ESB on to her land to cut down her trees. The court ordered her to let them on the land, she refused and had to go to jail. The neighbors and other protesters occupied the land and prevented the work from going on. So in the end they let her out.

Compare this with the Billions which have gone missing from the banks. 2 years later not one person has gone to jail. Many have retired with multi million pensions golden handshakes and gold wrist watches to boot,all because of greedy bankers, corrupt politicians, incompetent and corrupt civil servants.

Did you see that 5 people had been sacked from the income tax office? They had been lowering the tax rates for family and friends.
One woman crippled her ex husband for tax.
In their defense they said that everyone above them was doing it.

Not a great defense in a sacking situation.

I had a great evening with my Chinese friends and their 6 month old baby girl.
Really wonderful people. My wife is learning Cantonese from Judy, just for fun.

"I went into a restaurant and ordered the entire meal in fluent Chinese.
All my friends were impressed, except for the waiter.

It was a French restaurant"

Tommy Cooper

4 comments:

  1. The world was touched by Steve Jobs! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a true innovator. I didn't realise how much Steve Jobs had achieved in the early days before microsoft borrowed his ideas for themselves. I saw a great speech he made at a university graduation where he details the early days of apple. Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:11 PM

    Ahaa, its fastidious conversation about this post at this place at this web site, I have read all that,
    so now me also commenting at this place.
    My weblog :: diet that works

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Undeniably believe that that you said. Your favourite justification appeared to be on the net the easiest factor to understand of.
    I say to you, I certainly get irked while folks think about issues that they just do not recognize about.

    You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and defined out
    the whole thing without having side-effects , folks could take
    a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

    Here is my webpage :: Calories Walking
    my webpage > calories walking calculator

    ReplyDelete