Sunday, March 31, 2019

Karma works

This happened quite a few years ago.
Sunday morning I was outside the Conrad Hilton hotel hoping for a job somewhere.
I was giving directions to a lady who was looking for Baggott St.
(Strange how you can remember the little things)
The concierge came out and started blowing his whistle, I moved over.
Then in a flash he had thrown the bag into the boot.
"Airport" snarled the woman and we set off.
They were arguing like 2 dogs growling at each other.
When I was heading over to the hotel earlier I saw filming starting on one of the Georgian squares.
I mentioned to them to look over and the woman snapped.
"Just get us to the fecking airport, we don't need a sightseeing tour! "
The proper response to that is to take them away from the main drag and kick them out.
But today I wanted to see this to its end.
The rumbling continued between them and at the airport the fare was £18 (Old money)
I took out the bag and extended the handle with his cange in the other hand.

" I hope you left enough time for your flight?"
He said "Course we ave ya feckin moron"
"That change in the hour really fucked up my day"
He said "Wads ya takin abat?"
As I put his change into his hand I said
"The clocks, they went forward an hour last night"

I wish I had a video of his face.
No I didn't ask him which one of us was the moron now.

This won't happen now as our fones jump forwards in the night.

Some people give the human race a bad name, here are 2 taxi drivers for the hall of shame.

A girl from Cabra to Santry Ave. 
On the journey over she told me that her mother from Brazil who had very little English got ito a taxi one day, she had the address written down. 
The driver was Chinese and kept saying that he didn't know where Santry Ave was.
My passinger spoke to him 4 times on the mobile and it went on for a while.
The daughter suggested that as he could not do his job he should let her out to get another car and not charge her.
Suddenly he found his way and charged her €80
The correct charge was €17.

So boys and girs bad things happen. Turn your phone camera to video and quietly record the ID and the driver, when you get out take the roof sign(Its on the door as well) and the reg 
Do not stsrt taking photos as you might well get a punch on the head.
Report it to the police.

Driver number 2
A Pilot was in a taxi around Christmas and he dropped his fone.
He rang the the phone and driver picked up he said that he had found the fone and would ring him back when he had dropped off his present passinger.
When he returned the held up the fone and said "This will cost you €100 to get back"

It was insured but there was photos that he had not backed up.

So he paid...


1 comment:

  1. What empty little lives these villains must endure.

    ReplyDelete