Sunday, July 14, 2019

My new phone is gone


This Scottish car was brought from the legend  Arnold Clarke

A hero of Irish folk music Luke Kelly

This wonderful car is 30 years old !



This story started a few years ago...

So I have an old Iphone and it was giving me big problems.
It was my birthday, so I treated myself to a brand new phone.
I swear to God the salesperson in the Carfone warehouse told me that
"Everything will transfer over to the new phone"
2 hours later they told me that as I had over 300 contacts on the old phone and only 1/2 of the numbers transferred over. But now I was pressed for time and took the phone.
Before I left the store I turned over to the apps and found that the Halo taxi drivers app had not transferred over. "Well you see apps are in a different format. This is an Android phone"
I said that this is not what I was told, so I wanted to cancell the deal.
The manager came out and simply said.
"Once the seal on the box is broken there is no going back"
Then as I was talking to him he turned his back towards me and stood there with his back to me.

I was upset with him and I still am.

My youngest son got the phone.

I huffed and puffed with emails to the carfone warehouse who at the time boasted about their wonderful.customer service. I got nowhere,I typed a letter to their solicitors on Mount St. A few weeks later I got a snotty letter from someone to tell me that I could download the apps again on to the different platform.
I said that the logs and history would not be intact.  No reply

So I went back to my old phone and Andrew my Chinese tec guro did great work on the old phone, he took everything off. Put in a new battery,updated the software, scanned the phone for viruses and downloaded the information again and scanned it once more.
I was like a new phone !!.

A few years later someone told me that "COMREG" would have taken up my case, so now you know if it happens to you.

I bought a Hiwawi phone in February and I was adding things over to it bit by bit.
Coming up to St.Patricks day I started to use the old Iphone again to get me over the busy period.
Then when I looked for the new phone again it had vanished !!!!
I have looked everywhere since the end of March.
St Anthony was promised up to €20 but he did not deliver.
I told his boss (God)still no Joy.

So at last I bought another phone and I am going Android.

I really would never wish bad fortune on anyone but that store where I bought the first phone was in the Clearys building on O,Connell St. The store closed soon after and everyone was was kicked out.

This is just a great positive example of customer service.

Vista print make business cards etc and  I oreded some business cards to promote the blog.
(Have you got one)
So the order was due and did not arrive.
So I contacted the help desk.
"Your order was delivered on the14th"

So a couple more contacts later I got this.



Dear John 
There seems to have been a problem with your order.
As a long time customer of Vistaprint I would like to say sorry.
I am refunding the cost of your order to your credit card and we are reprinting your order today and we will send it to you by express post at no cost.

Now that is service.

With Guinness I had a flat can and I sent it back to them and I nearly had to take them to court to get a refund !

So there is my rant, normal service will resume shortly 

No comments:

Post a Comment