Monday, September 16, 2024

Is Summer really gone?

Gosh this summer went really fast. Its no help that one of the supermarkets have rows of chocolate Santas and snowmen on display for Christmas.

It is only a small thing but I had to say it.

Now here is a strange one for you. A cat arrived at our house and my son adopted her with open arms. Around 6 weeks later a knock came to  the door and it was 2 garda at the door.

The owner of the cat had got the law to get the cat back. Now we had not stolen the cat and after much over and back the cat was returned.

This shocked me when I compare it to times that the law let down the victim. John Clarke who worked with me in another life bought a taxi and he had a job going out towards Tallagh. His passenger had a suitcase and as he landed the case on the footpath a small boy of around 7 years old came up to him. He had fair hair and spoke perfect English.

"Mister could you please help me and bring me back to my Mammy and Daddy"

John was taken aback, then a man appeared "He does this all the time, everything is fine"

John went to the local Garda station and to our dismay they just said that unless we get a missing persons report there is nothing we can do.

Poor John he suffered and we went down to where  the house was but he seemed to be gone.

So I was heading to Heuston train station. As I waited at the lights to change a Black carer with wonderful girl beside him. The carer put his arm over her shoulder and fondled her right breast. The look of disgust on her face shocked me to this day and instead of going left I went straight on and around by the prison and over to the massive establishment which looks after hundreds of mentally challenged are "Looked after"

I spent an hour asking to speak to the person in charge

Absolutely no one came forward, I wrote to all the care hospitals in the area and in Palmerstown. I wrote to all the Garda stations. Not one reply. I wrote to the Garda commissioner twice and I got a phone call saying that unless a Garda saw it happen that there would be nothing that they could do. I said that its a  good job that he was not on the murder squad.

A couple of years later a huge scandal erupted at the Palmerstown facility, It seemed that they were taken aback as they did not know that this was going on.

Well that's what happens when you wear a blindfold.





No comments:

Post a Comment