Thursday, June 14, 2012

Soldier for a Summer

I picked up a guy in Portabello who was heading for the airport.
Irish Sam he had helped to overthrow Gadaffi.

He had written a book called Soldier for a summer, they had made a documentary about his adventure. Now he was on his way to meet a fim maker in London,they want to make a full length movie based on his exploits.

They took the footage off the blog.
Here it is again....




 This one is the Lord Mayor of Tripoli.







He had overslept and if he had not let me take him through the tunnel he would have missed his flight.
It was good to meet him and if he contacts me later we will talk some more.

5 comments:

  1. Marian Brady2:38 AM

    very interesting John, a varied life, like the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a wonderful sharing guys. I enjoyed reading this blog. I just searched it on google :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haithem farhat1:05 AM

    We proud of this hereo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:48 AM

    Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I went to Syria after the Libyan revolution, and trained some men to protect themselves against the onslaught that is still ongoing against them. It was unbelievably dangerous as being a foreigner I had a high price on my head, but I and my group were able to smuggle ourselves back out safely. The book is due for release in August, I hope you all enjoy it, it is a memoir of my experiences from the Libyan revolution, with detailed accounts from my personal diary and of coarse the moments that to me will never escape my memory. Thanks again and warm regards. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you all enjoy it, it is a taxi transfers memoir of my experiences from the Libyan revolution, with detailed accounts from my personal diary and of coarse the moments.

    ReplyDelete