Saturday, October 05, 2019

A false start

Where are the photos John?
My computer won't upload them !

I  look after a house and the next door neighbor rang me to say that there was water flowing out the overflow into the back garden. 
So I went home and got my stepladder and torch.
Plumbers who have brains are few and far between.
In the attic there is a cold water tank. It fills the toilet and the shower, its a reserve tank.
The expansion tank works off the central heating. 
This can be placed on top of the cold water tank.
But.
You have to allow that if the cold water tank expands when it is full of water, so you have to put stop pieces on the expansion tank support. But no, the support fell into the cold water tank, and the glass fiber insulation went into the tank.I turned off the water and lifted the expansion tank, then I turned the water back on.
2 hours later the tenant rang . "No water in toilet"
So time passed and I located the blockage, no more time for taxi work.
But you know if the expansion tank landed on the ballcock and the insulation blocked the overflow.
What a disaster that would have been.

When you travel buy a travel book. €10 or €12, but it saves you acres of heartache.
I live in Dublin and the "Rough Guide  to Dublin" educated me, it really did.
We went to Spain with the rough guide to Andalusia.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete