Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Hello Netherlands





Look at the stats, we are a hit in the Netherlands now
Fairly big in Russia as well
I wonder where the Unknown Region is?

Netherlands
689
United States
246
Germany
238
Norway
229
Russia
202
Ireland
73
Ukraine
50
Unknown Region
21
Indonesia
21
United Kingdom
16

When you drive a taxi in Dublin it is like going through the united nations, every nationality under the sun for sure. It is very hard to believe how insular we were.
2 black men i Dublin Paul McGrath the footballer and Phil Lynott the rock star.
God some of those Polish, Russian and Lithuanian girls are so striking.
A psychologist told me that my genes are telling me that this persons genes are far removed from yours and this is what attracts you to them.
The bonus for you is that it works both ways.
I reckon in 30 years when we intermarry our grandchildren will be better looking than the Brazilians.

I saw the results of my sons taxi driving test.
He did really well, he got a few 100% but failed in a few modules.
So on the 2nd of the next month he can re sit what he failed then he will head for the high road.
The taxi drivers motto "I go that extra mile"

On Thursdays we drive up to Northern Ireland to visit the grandchildren, a 2 hour drive up and funny to say its 2 hours back down again.
We take a break at Applegreen service area in Castlebellingham  going up and down.
Once when we were coming home we pulled in and as we came onto the first roundabout a truck came thundering along and nearly wiped us out. I went up on the grass and the truck headed off going around the roundabout the wrong way..
I wrote a letter to Applegreen and the next time I went up I was introduced to the manager who gave me a free coffee. He said that the signage was designed by the NTA and he felt that everything was OK.
The next time we went there I noticed that a truck had crashed into a lamp while going out the wrong way.
So there are none so blind as those who will not see.
So I wrote another letter back in March and said fuck it !.
I found the letter and sent it off the other day.

A guy who was in school with me became a radio officer and one day he noticed a ship heading out to sea with its bow doors open, he used the emergency channel to alert the crew.
He spotted it again on a later day and they closed the doors.
They were leaving the bow doors open to clear fumes from the car decks, but there was no system in place for closing them.
Then one night as they sailed out with the bow doors open the wash from a ship going the opposite way just flooded the car deck and the ship went down.
The ship was called The Herald of free enterprise.
All the warnings were recorded on the emergency channel.
Its a bit like this situation.

A lot of my friends say "Just leave it"

Sorry I am not like that,I would always help people if I can

No comments:

Post a Comment