Monday, September 04, 2023

It feels like treading water

Boys and girls slow down there has been deadly crashes nearly every day.

It is strange how so many of the crashes result in fatal injury.

Still the postman has not arrived with my sons taxi permits. 

Then it will be the armchair for me and cutting the grass not to mention the painting to be done.

Today I picked up a lady going to Abbey St. I sat at the lights turning right for 3 changes when I declared. "This is no good, trust me" we went the other way avoiding the heavy traffic. I dropped her off and then I heard a musical box sound. Her mobile phone, it took time to locate as it was wedged down between the cushions of the back seat. So I told her to go back where I dropped her off and I walked back to meet her. She was very lucky that she had a second phone to call the other one. Yes she was happy.

I heard about a girl who dropped her phone in a taxi last weekend and when she contacted the driver he demanded €50 to bring it back to her. Well she took his details so what is to happen to him we might find out.Blackmail

I think the swallows have gone on their 6000 mile journey back to South Africa and very soon the Barnacle geese will arrive from Greenland for the winter. 

The kids are back in school as well.

Well the Christmas shop is open in  the Brown Thomas store. Time flies.

My sons delay in being passed out annoys me no end. A retired garda superentant who was working in the Garda carriage office told me that migrants coming in from Nigeria cannot be vetted. The embassy refuses to do it. But the higher up people tells the carriage office to give them the licence, while my son who has lived here for 30 years has to wait for months to be vetted.  In Spain to become a taxi driver you have to have lived there for 8 years crime free, hold a valid driving licence, be able to speak Spanish and then you do the PSV test.

No comments:

Post a Comment