Sunday, December 11, 2011

4 out of 5 who kill themselves are men


Girls toolbox with pretty feathers etc.


Pearly Kings


A bicycle for 6

A car tied up in cling film.


5 Dead on the roads in 24 hours yesterday.
Each one a tragedy, a mother taking her daughter and 3 friends to a dance skidded on black ice and went into a river killing the driver and her daughter.
Take care,slow down, better to be late than dead.

Christmas for me is not a good time, my skin gets thinner and I see the guys selling drugs to kids. The desperation in the family's where they have fallen into debt and Christmas just around the corner.All the lonely people on the streets, and the drinking to complete excess sickens me to the core.
I do suffer from depression,I am by polar.
Just so you know, depression is more like a bad dose of the flu rather than feeling sad, when you have it you cannot function. I take Lithium and it levels out my life. But I see so many people who have no one to love in their lives and they walk the streets of our cities in desperation seeking solace.
The true measure of any society is how they look after their young their sick and their elderly people.We do very badly on this.
I don't dwell on the doom and gloom that's going on at present, but there was a horrific case on the news the other day where a father and mother abused their children through their youth. One daughter bore two children by her father. Thank God that the Garda team had the tensity to follow the case through to its conclusion.
The father got life in prison, the mother was also locked up. I hope the children get the best of care.

For a crime like this against children a bullet between the two eyes would be the better solution, low cost, problem solved.

Ray Darcy had a slot about suicide he has put up a podcast.
Have a listen here. You are looking for the podcast of Dr.Harry Barry.

Did you follow that link on my last posting to send a message to a political prisoner?
Think about it, better than sending a card to someone you don't like.

Just as an afterthought. There was a guy who was kidnapped in our fair city and turned up dead a few days later.
Word on the street is that he was told to look after some drugs for a local gang. He hid it in the Green bin. But his mother didn't know that he had done this and she put out the bin for collection.

4 comments:

  1. Been a rough Christmas season on this side of the globe as well. I, too wonder if all this madness centered around consumption is worth it. Especially when so many people have so little. I for one have been focusing on the things that I am truly grateful for. The last thing I need is more material stuff to fill up my house.

    I hope that you are feeling better. Hang in there. And Merry Christmas early in case life catches up to me again, and I don't get a chance to read blogs before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:32 PM

    Hi John, Keep going with your blog. Just because you don't get many comments does not mean many people don't read your blog. I know many, many people who love it. Keep it up and Happy Christmas to you and all who are dear to your heart. Regards, Paddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a car that has actually been cling wrapped. I've been told that it is quite inconvenient. I agree with "Anonymous" - keep going with it. A rare breed us cabbies are.

    - Henry

    http://corruptionincortez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:57 AM

    They are not just limited to adults patients they also
    have a tendency to children, to put it differently they aid those patients in all avenues of life.
    Finding the right massage therapist can sometimes be a tough search.
    He told me that occupational therapist suggested him to choose ergonomic products or
    peripherals such as ergonomic keyboard,ergonomic mouse
    and ergonomic chair.
    My site - hibuhiin.beeplog.com

    ReplyDelete