Sunday, September 25, 2016

I was in the Netherlands

    Philips lands on earth
 Philips museum
 Philips advertising
Worlds first word processor?.

I was in Holland for 2 weeks, for the second time in 6 months, missing the bus strike and the bad weather.
Eindhoven  is where Philips grew and employed thousands of people.
The products they developed were life changing.
First in the world with many products.
Then the bean counters came in and sold off all the wonderful ideas and left the shell that once was Philips.
That's life as the French say.

Things work well in Holland. When you consider more than 1/3 of the land is under sea level.
The network of canals and dykes which keep the sea out is amazing.
The people are slim and tall, many of the young people are 6ft 8 or 9.
The Dutch went all over the world to trade even the name New Zealand comes from the Zealand sea.

So tomorrow I must pass out my car and renew my license.

No rest for the wicked

1 comment: