Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Quite a breeze


A girl lies on a surf board as her boyfriend issues orders. I told her if he loved her he would be in the water with her.

The WW2 landing craft prepares to enter the water at Surf Dock

Cranes are back in fashion again

The taxi holding area at the airport stands empty.


The storm came and though it was quite a storm it did not live up to expectations.

The army were on high alert and schools were closed. Operations which were not urgent were postponed to reduce the chances of people being hit by falling trees.

Before the storm hit all the birds went silent and a warm breeze arrived 13C.

In Dublin we had a non event about 6 trees blown down while in Cork and Kerry they had more hardship.

3 people died all over which is bad enough though.

I ventured out and found a girl with a broken arm, she didn't know that her appointment was cancelled.

The other young lady I picked up at Clontarf Garda station.
"Did you escape or did they let you out?"
"Is it that obvious, I was held there all night, they beat me with batons and I think I have a broken rib as well"
You might think that in this modern day and age that they would not behave like this.
I have no doubt that she was beaten. I told her to get a friend over and photograph her bruises and to cover her breasts while taking the photos, not to turn it into a page 3 leering display.

Then go to a doctor and to hospital to have an Xray.
Tell the doctor to make notes and tell the hospital that this will be used in an official complaint.

"Jesus mister you must have been through this yourself"

I said no but it shouldn't happen. A little thing could be subdued without any force and put in restraints.`

"I hope you'r not kinky John, you said that like you knew what you were doing"

A big laugh and a €2 tip and we parted our ways..

So home for breakfast and the buses went off.
Not much was really happening and I went home.

The ferry crossings were suspended as well.
Europe was totally isolated.

Around 5 PM I found out that hundreds of people were stick at the airport and any taxi was welcome to come with or without the airport pass.

I did 3 runs but the tales of woe were non ending.

Click here to read about the Big wind of 1839
This was a pivotal moment in Irish history


No comments:

Post a Comment