Saturday, October 07, 2017

Scrapyard blues




 I spent most of my morning looking at cars in a scrapyard.
One of my neighbors was rammed on the seafront ! 
The other driver just said "I looked and there was no one coming"
Still no one injured not like the car in the top photo.
I don't know how anyone got out alive.
There is a craze out around Baldoyle of setting fire to cars.
There is a good case for setting up a vigilante group. 
As we drove away the memories of her now defunct car came flooding back. 
"I used to bring Mam out here in the summer, it was a great car" 
Then delayed shock kicked in and the tears and the moaning came, without any reserve. A dam burst of emotions.
Delayed shock.
I saw it once when I was called to the childrens hospital in Crumlin. God there are far worse things in life than loosing a car.

Now the last photo taken from an iconic poster drawn by an Irishman in Kilkee co Clare. 
Its our new stamp.
Che was on a flight from Cuba to Moscow via Shannon and his flight was delayed, so someone brought him on a sightseeing tour. The artist never got a penny for his work.
But thats life.

Any taxi driver can sympathize with me on this one.
A Spanish girl waved me down near the Mosque on the SCR going to the Spire, she was messing with her fone all the time.
"Why are you going this way? Go along the SCR and down Camden St.   Its quicker."
I say that by going down Clanbrassil St I get a bus lane all the way.
Conversation goes back to normal until we reach O'Connell bridge
"There is the 120 bus that I missed. You took me the long way" 
So I asked her if she had taken the reg of the bus?
There is more than one 120 buses you know.
Her bus might be 2 buses behind that one as they have to stop at every stop to pick up people.

You cannot win anyhow, or can you?

The way to deal with this if it is a short journey and you are not too far into it.
"I am sorry that you don't trust me and that you think I am robbing you,
So I am stopping here and you have to get out. 
Get another taxi if you can and I wish you a good day?"

It works really wonders, all the stress gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment