Monday, January 15, 2018

The last journey





A trademark which also depicts 2 business men shaking hands on a deal

On Friday I got the news that an old friend of going back almost 50 years had died.
He had fought MS for the last 20 years and a bout of that nasty flu saw him off.

Life is cruel, his wife looked after him during his declining years, no easy task.

It takes 7 hours to drive from Dublin to Youghal and back

The old taxi drivers joke goes.
"When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep.
Just like my father did.
Not screaming and shouting like his passengers." 

There was another awful story in the papers last week.
A baby of around 20 months died in strange circumstances and an autopsy revealed the cause of death.
The child had swallowed small shards of perspex !
They had lodged into the esophagus  where it later pierced the membrane, then after some time it went through and cut into a blood vessel causing massive bleeding.

God forbid that I should ever feel sorry for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment