Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mobile phones



This is a photo of the annual taxi driver outing for special children.
Arranged every year around 200 taxi people take the day off, dress up their cars and parade through the city streets to a big party out in Leopardstown racecourse. Its about the only good press we get, but lat year they did not cover it at all.

Well I was driving down Pierse St. with my mobile phone in my hand when I was pulled in.
Whats the matter? You know very well what the matter is. You have a mobile phone in your hand. I was not using it . Look heres the call history.
I don't care about that its an offence to have a mobile phone on your person while you are driving.
I am going to issue you with a ticket e60 fine and 2 penalty points.
Well the summons came and I filled in the details and posted it back.
The next day it came back. We cannot process this as the name on the ticket is different to the name on the driving licence.
So I rang them up.
Photocopy your licence and put the photocopy in with the letter and the ticket was cancelled.

The mistake I made was that I was wearing a baseball cap to keep the sun off my head.

Now everyone knows that baseball caps are the uniform of drug dealers and criminals.
About an hour later I saw a guy driving an oil tanker his elbows steering the truck while he wrote a text message. 5,000 gallons of petrol texting a message.

I never saw anyone else being pulled over for using a mobile before.

5 comments:

  1. Happens in Australia too. Of all the things that a cab driver can be booked for, useing a mobile phone would have to be the most stupid one.
    Good blog by the way and thanks for the link, I have added you to mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:59 PM

    Debtor for its visit to mine blog, Jonh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Very nice this site! I found your link at Taxitramas, Mauro Castro's site. Mauro has one of the most popular blogs in southern Brazil, in which he tells very interesting short stories about a taxi driver day-by-day in a brazilian big city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so bogus man, it may be illegal here too. it is most definately illegal to use it here, but to have one on your person, it is a nessecity, and while it is illegal, it is also tax deductable, go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:56 AM

    Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Taking a few minutes and actual
    effort to make a really good article… but what can I say…
    I put things off a whole lot and don't seem to get anything done.

    My web site ... The web’s premiere DJ community

    ReplyDelete