Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ah Yes My Travels !


The view from my bedroom window in Dingle, do you see the dead man?


The wonderful lakes of Killarney


A beautiful riding stable outside Killarney.



A drag Queen crosses the bridge in Kilkenny.



Kilkenny castle.


Youghal Co.Cork


This house is near where Walter Raleigh lived.
It is said that when he was demonstrating how to use tobacco a servant threw a bucket of water over him because he thought he was on fire! It is a pity he didn't stick his head into the bucket of water and hold him under until hew saw sense.


Interesting tablet in the church, click on the image to read it.


Boyles toumb


Stained glass window in the church


Old shop front of which there are plenty in Youghal

DeVelera St So narrow, a bit like himself.


Alms houses, 17 something !

There is a depth of wisdom in the expression "Perfect stranger"

Well this implies that when you get to get to know anyone they become far from perfect.
I digress....Perfect strangers tell me that I did not tell you of my travels in Ireland.
Well we went from Dublin to Dingle in Co.Kerry then to Killarney through Cork and down to Youghal. Famous for Boyle of Boyle's law and Sir Walter Raleigh.. then back home through Kilkenny.

You know it is nice to see France or Spain but Ireland is really beautiful at this time of the year, really green and lush.
In foreign lands you would cook in the heat and the insects would eat you alive. I am not just saying that, a home break is great.

Go for it.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour. Did you have fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mini tour...great pictures...very interesting that tombstone of the princess...I'll have to Google to find out more I'm betting there's an interesting story there. Thanks again for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO see the dead man! And I also loved the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Maybe one day I'll make it there to visit my on line friend Angela who lives at Glasnevin Hill by the Botanic Gardens. As to the heat, here in Birmingham, Alabama, USA, we've been having temperatures in the high 90s to about 105 almost every day for 2 or 3 weeks - terrible even for us! Some terrible thunderstorms, too, a lot of lightning strikes, ferocious thunder, flash flooding - then it's over in an hour.
    Netagene, former cab driver in Tampa, FL
    My blog: http://blindedbyinsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take a good photo, good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my absolutely beautiful. i so want to visit this place now.
    love the cobbled streets.

    --
    http://makewayforjo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete