Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why people are using taxis less.

Below are figures from the taxi regulators website (Or whatever name it is now known as)


Breakdown of Prosecutions June 2012

No vehicle licence 10

Standing for hire at a place other than an appointed stand 6

No Drivers Licence 8

Failing to comply with roof-sign requirements 2

Allowing to operate SPSV without ensuring person
had valid SPSV Driver Licence 1

Failing to comply with the requirements in relation to
the fitting & operation of the taximeter 1

Failing to comply with the requirements of an authorised
person
1

Total 29

Total of 29 offenses

Give the manpower and I will give you 2,000 illegal drivers in one month.
Plus a further 500 illegal drivers who do not hold a PSV licence.

What we must say is that the transport authorithy or the Carriage office is not fit for purpose.

I have had 5 horror stories told to me in the past week, really bad ones.
But then it's like everything, you stick in a retired guy into the job who is already on a big fat pension, he gets report written up.
Then they pick up a nice wage packet and move on to the next big scam.

How can a driver be vetted who is only a month in the country?

How can he drive without doing an Irish driving test?

How can he drive without speaking English?

How can a taxi driver be working and not know where the towns that make up Dublin are?

How can drivers who have no PSV licence be allowed to drive away once they are stopped?

If my wifes car was 3 days out of insurance the Garda are within their rights to take it and have it crushed.

But its much worse when its a taxi plying for public hire, yet nothing is done about it.

Sometimes you have to let off steam!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:35 PM

    Lol, bigot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of things which will come out in the near future my dear blind friend.
    I didn't mention race color or creed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - no driving licences, no vehicle licences.....

    Station Cars

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:13 PM

    You actually make it appear so easy along with your presentation
    however I in finding this matter to be actually one thing
    which I think I'd never understand. It kind of feels too complex and very wide for me. I'm looking forward to your next submit,
    I will try to get the hang of it!
    Here is my site ... cheapest vps

    ReplyDelete