So I was on Copeland Ave. waiting to turn right and on the opposite side of the road there was a Chinese lady on her mobile pushing a buggy and a really small kid of less than 2 years old on a scooter following behind.
She came to the junction and crossed 2 lanes of traffic. Then she saw that the crossing was red at the other side and stopped. The small kid had followed over and she stood looking at the light. Nothing was coming and she crossed the road. She gave no instruction to the small kid and he waited for 5 seconds, (I started blowing my horn but she was engrossed in her phone)He started crossing as a car came over from the Malahide Rd. Then she saw him, she ran back and stopped the car from running over the child. As I turned right she was on her knees no doubt saying "My poor baby"
But there was only a second in it.
By the way Happy Chinese new year
Things that my customers told me.
The common things
gas heaters too close to furniture or curtains.
then smoking in bed
Tumble dryers with blocked filters
The last one I never would have guessed
Dishwashers Do burst into flames because the wires from the dials pass under the door, opening and closing the door breaks the wires and starts the fire.
So now you know. Turn on these things before you watch the telly.Not before you go out.
There was a huge fire in a newly renovated house in Clontarf and the insurance assessor reckoned that it was an electrical fault. So all the blame came on the electrician.
His insurer had a retired Garda who investigated such cases.
He separated each person and asked what they had done that morning.
No blame I just want to recreate what happened.
The Au Pair said that one of the kids had wet the bed that morning and she rinsed the sheets and put them and the duvet into the tumble dryer before going to mass.
The tumble dryer had a completely choked up filter and the electrician gave a sigh of relief.