Friday, January 03, 2020

2019 finally out the door

So I reflect on things that happened and things yet to come.
Strange one this. I bought 2 electric kettles and nether of them worked !
They came to simmer and then cut off.
I was going to a wedding in Spain so I did not rush back to the shop.
Power City always had a system where they record you on the computer, so you don't have to worry about receipts. Which is good.Or should I say was good.
When I went back I was told that if I did not have a receipt that they would not take the goods back.
I bought 2 replacement kettles in Aldi Tower brand with 4 years free warranty.
Then I looked up the consumer rights and found that if I had a credit card transaction it counts as a receipt.
So back to Power City Coolock and at first they said NO.
So I told the staff member what I had found on the internet..
There was a lot of shuffling around and all in all it took them 45 minutes to refund the card.

So I told them that there never bought electrical goods in any other store for the last 15 years or more.
But from now we are finished completely.
I look after all the white goods for 3 houses, kettles,hoovers, cookers etc.
So our business was good.
Last month I bought a modern tumbler dryer it cost €680 or so, still they do not care.
Surely for the cost of 2 kettles which came to less than €50 it would have been worth their while, after all they were broken, now their business with me is broken as well.

I am driving to Belfast tomorrow to a special birthday party for Timothy Hearte aged13.
A few cousins birthdays have been moved around to have one big celebration.

Timothy has Leukemia and they have done 2 bone marrow transplants which failed.
Now there is nothing more that they can do.
He knows all about it.
He is the son of a clergyman and is very up front in his beliefs.
"Look I believe in God and I will ask him for a miracle, (He can do miracles you know)
So there is nothing to worry about,"
Would your faith be stronger?

So we will all fill the rest of his life with happy thoughts and best wishes.

1 comment: