Saturday, September 23, 2006

U2

Today U2 were doing a book launch in O"Connell St.
I picked up a lady going out to Sandymount and on the way there she told me that years ago she used to work at Windmill lane studios .
One day a long time later she was queing for a taxi when two guys tried to jump the queue. A guy behind her shouted "hey this lady is first" and proceded to hold the door and help her into the cab.."where are you going?" he asked "Sandymount" she replied." Look I am going to Ringsend, can we share the cab?" So they shared the cab and Bono says " I know you ,you used to work in Windmill lane,do you not remember me Im Bono."
It was quite funny really ,her not recognising him while he remembered her after all those years.
You know when someone famous gets in you often don"t recognise them, you think did that fella used to be a waiter in thr Trocadero? It only comes back days later..So thats who Barry Manalo looks like. (not that we have ever met)

6 comments:

  1. Alright John
    I bet Bono would be a good crack to pick up. I've added you to my blogroll.

    London Cabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the cabbie blog crew.

    You've been rolled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha and welcome to the world of cab-blogging.

    I'll be adding you to my links this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo workers of the world unite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:25 PM

    Welcome, found you through Wil he's the Paradise Driver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the welcomes. My son tells me not to blow it and tell anyone my phone number etc. or I will be in deep shit!So I must be careful.

    ReplyDelete