Friday, July 03, 2020

COVIT 19

Most of us have sailed through this crisis unaffected.
I said most, not all.
There are lots of newspapers available on the internet, I got one called the Epoch Times, it is based in America and it is against the communist party in China, a Chinese friend of mine who says it is very good also pointed out that it goes a bit too far in reporting the TRUTH.
Here is a clip from the business section.
SSP group to lay off 5,000 jobs. Coffee and sandwich shops.
Macys posts $3 billion loss
NPC who have franchises for 1,200 Pizza Huts and 400 Wendys files for bankruptcy
JC Penny went bang
H&M to close 170 stores by end of 2020
Airbus to shed 15,000 jobs

But there is good news for someone
Gileads flu vaxcene which RELIEVES the symptoms will set you back $2,340 a shot.
It won't even cure you, only relieve symptoms.

Face masks on sale for €1 each, cost of manufacture 10c

Near Las Vegas there is an Indian reservation of the Navajoes Indians.
They have been hit very badly by this pandemic.

But for that tribe the war in the Pacific would have turned out very differently
Click here and to add insult to injury after the war they got no medals or pensions,
Mr Obama did go some way to make things right for them.
I read that an Irishman who was working in Las Vegas has been helping them out.
Good man 

History is tough for sure.
I came across an article written by a black woman. It was about her heritage and slavery.
We are talking about masters raping their servants and when they fall pregnant the offspring are ignored.
I know that that happened in all the big houses of the aristocracy all over Europe.
Anyhow here is a link to her here but it does not mention her heritage I found it here. Interesting to say the least. People are not one dimensional, they have many facets and like a diamond ring if you look closer you might see a completely different picture.
On slavery. It is little known that thousands of Irish were enslaved and forced to work in the sugar plantations of the West Indies.

I have been very lucky in my life to have met wonderful people and quite a number assholes in my life.

Have a look for my book The steering wheel university on Amazon

Here is an example of both.
A business man going to the airport and he asked me for a receipt.
Then he snatches it from my hand and runs off even though I am shouting after him.
A policeman was standing by the door and I asked him if I could run after him.
"No! But I will solve the problem for you" and he got on the radio
15 minutes later a red faced protesting entitled businessman was taken back all the way from the check in desk.
"I paid, I paid and I have  a receipt to prove it"
Well that proves nothing I saw you run away and the driver calling after you.
There is a camera in the taxi, would you like to go down to the office and we will put the chip into the computer?
"I have missed my flight now and its all your fault" he shouted at me.
"No sir its your own fault, pay him now and give him a £5 tip for not prosecuting you for theft".

As the businessman went off the garda turned to me,
I said a big thank you and he said you are very very welcome.


Hold the good things in your mind until we meet again.

1 comment:

  1. Been following your blog for years and now have bought the book on amazon :-)

    ReplyDelete