Monday, January 11, 2021

Stupid to the end

I am reflecting on things that happened, doing an audit of the past.

We have  a showground complex in Ballsbridge called the RDS.(Royal Dublin Society).

It has three main complexes and the horse show, the dog show etc. are all held in different parts of the complex. The main entrance is on the Merrion Rd. Then you have the Anglesea Rd entrance, and last of all you have the Simmonscourt Rd. entrance.

So it came to pass that I was dropping off this lady and I asked her to check her ticket and then we went over to the Anglesea rd entrance. As she was getting out one of the ushers was telling a very entitled lady "No you go other side. Other side"

She got in and said I am going to the conference center

Now I knew that usher was telling her to go to the other side of the building through the Merrion Rd. entrance. So I tried to tell her.

Look, can't you see that I am talking on the phone.

Could I just tell you something ?

I hardly think a taxi driver could tell me anything I don't already know. 

So I headed off to the Conference center on the other side of the river while she spouted on talking pure crap. At the end she was paying by credit card which created the moment for the second part of the story.

As the  woman got out another lady got in and said The Microsoft conference please at the RDS.

The entitled lady said. "But that is where I am going"

Yes I tried to tell you where it was at least 4 times and you told me that I could not possibly be able to tell you anything and that I was just a stupid taxi driver.

She didn't say sorry.

Look you can come back with me said the new passenger. 

I said that there is absolutely no way she was getting back into my car unless she paid the entire fair. She agreed.

The return trip was non eventful, no mobile phone and at the end she paid again.

On handing her the receipt she said that she was going to report me for being rude. 

Please do madam, do you see that camera over there? 

It has recorded everything that you said and did since you entered the taxi.

Now don't bump your head when you are getting out.

 

A bombshell some time later.

So 2 guys got in and I recognized one of them as once being from a boy band.

The poor kid had invested heavily into property and lost a lot of his money.

The older man was an auctioneer and was helping him to whip his portfolio back into shape. A phone rang and the conversation got very serious suddenly.

He hung up the phone and said excuse me. The follow up call was short and clear.

Tommy, you rang Lidl (or Aldi) We were going to sign the lease today and you decided to just put up the rent, by yourself, before the paper was signed you jacked up the rent.

The agreement we made was a good one, they were a great tenant and they are gone now because you decided to act the bollix.

The business relationship that we had is now completely finished. 

Look at your contract you signed with me and you will see that once a tenant has been found and a rent agreed 

You are liable for all costs 

So we all let out a gasp of air.

As he paid me he said

There is a limit to mans intelligence  

But Stupid goes on and on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment