Monday, October 22, 2018

Tallagh





This beautiful garden is 400 meters from my front door and it must be 3 years since I last went in

A few weeks ago I got a job out to the square on Tallagh.
Called in by her job and the journey would be paid by the boss.
So I turned around and got another job around 3 miles away,
Dropping her off I heard someone whistling and this guy with short cropped blonde hair asked me
"How much back to the square?" I said €5 and he jumped in.

Some people will hardly say hello, others will hardly tell you their destination,
But boy did this guy have a story to tell me.
When he was 15 he was walking along in Crumlin when someone ran up behind him and hit him full force on the head with a hammer.
He was in a coma with severe brain damage, for 3 years he remained in a coma.
Then one day he just woke up.
"I was 5 stone weight and couldn't talk or walk or eat.
I had to learn everything again, like new born child".

But look at me now I can't shut up !
He was really great, not looking for sympathy or pity.
I asked him if he remembered anything about the time that he was in the coma 3 years is a long time.
"Just at the time I was knocked out I met my mother, she died when I was 12 years old, I said Mammy I am coming up to be with you.
She held up her hand and said No son, go back its not your time yet" 

You know it is a real privilege to meet people like him. 
He works for a brain injury charity.
One of the good guys for sure. 
Today I met a nurse who works woth brain trauma patients.
She told me that my guy was one of the very lucky ones.
She has a patient who was attacked by persons unknown , beaten and kicked on the ground and left for dead. 
A completely unprovoked attack.
32 years of age and a brilliant electrician.
He sits in the nursing home looking out the window, he cannot speak. 
For stimulus I often read him the children's story of the naughty fox, and he becomes animated at the point where the fox is getting chased.

Boys and girls, say a prayer for the fallen ones. (Even if you don't have a God) 

Today I went to the Coombe and picked up a lady with a cello! 
She also had a big teddy bear. I put the cello on the front seat and put on its safety belt as you do.
She got into the back and she was talking to her teddy bear ?
I was reminded of Mr.Bean!
So we arrived at St. Stephens Green. She was going to the concert hall, but said that she would walk from the corner of the Green. 
So I took out the cello and as she turned for me to put it on her back I saw the face of the teddy bear.. It was a baby in a teddy bear suit.  Off to work with the baby.  

Stats
 
United States
519
Norway
378
Germany
185
Ireland
134
Singapore
53
Indonesia
34
Russia
32
Cambodia
30
United Kingdom
15
India
11
 

No comments:

Post a Comment