Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Gay pride



This is the old synagogue on Haddington Rd

A  little bit of art is great

Believe it or not this is a goat house influenced by a trip to Morocco

This weekend saw the gay pride festival which went down a storm.
Our prime minister is gay and our minister for children is also gay, so different from so different than it was 20 years ago or when a gay man was beaten to death in Fairview park and because he was a gay man the culprit got off almost scott free. There was a lot of anger at the time.
With all the hate against the churches sexual transgerssions sex has become a talked about and more open subject.


Its strange how as they say you speak of someone and suddenly they are front page news.
I was at the Westbury hotel and I picked up an American lady going out to a riding stabeles up in the Dublin mountains.
She has an idyllic life in the States, they have 2 horses a pony a donkey an emu a duck a skunk 4  dogs and a few other animals.
So I told her the story about a Japanese pop star who was making music video here in Ireland.
My van carried the camera man the electrician and the sound man, the chaufer car had the singer his manager the director and a Dutch interpreter of Japanese English.
On day 2 we went up to Meath near Tara to the show jumping stables of Paul Darra.
We waited while the powers that be discussed camera angles and lenses to be used.
A young blonde girl came along on her horse and on the second time around she passed me I gave her a smile and she smiled back. Nothing was happening so she got off the horse and sat down on a bale of hay beside me. After a bit of banter I showed her one of my very favorite magic tricks.
You fold up a €5 note and when you open it out again its a €50..It got a great reaction.

"Its been really wonderful talking to you, but I have to be somewhere else soon.
Tell them that if they don't start filming in 15 minutes I will be gone"

So I went over and spoke to the Dutch girl and she only half listned.
15 minutes later she handed me the horse and told me to tell them that she had gone.
This time when I told them they all woke up and in great panic called her back on the phone.
All smiles I popped her up on the horse ans within 20 minutes the film scene was complete.
She rode the horse over to me and asked me if I would ride the horse around for 20 minutes or so as he was very cold from all the standing around. Then I was to pop him over a few jumpes and take him back to the stables.
She told me that it was such a pleasure talking to me,
"I have to be so careful about who I talk to and where I go"
Strange I thought.
I rode the horse around for 20 minutes then over a few jumps ( I used to work in a National Hunt racing establisnment) and then back to the stabeles.
A stable girl came over and said "Wow the Princess must really like you. No one has ever been allowed to ride any of her horses, you are the first ever"
"Is that her name Princess?" I said.
"God no! Did nobody tell you? That is the daughter of the King of Jordan Princess Haya"

Well the King died a few years later and she married Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum the ruler of Dubai. He has 6 wives and she has 2 children by him.

So what has she done to be in the news?

She skipped off and ran away with her 2 kids and £31 million to Germany where she is lookind for government protection there, now she has moved to London.
The King is very strict and he is screaming blue murder.

The King made the news a while back when one of his daughters made a bid to escape from Dubai by boat.
He got the navy out and brought her home.

The story is told of the beaututiful bird in the guilded cage who is surrounded by beauty but has no freedom.
















No comments:

Post a Comment