Thursday, August 27, 2020

Heading back (Well maybe not)

Sadly there was another murder in Clontarf. 

A 60 year old son strangled his 80 year old mother.

It is beyond sad for everyone involved

There has been a lot of problems with no work or pubs and total isolation. 

The shrinks will all be on overtime for sure.

WOW

Every so often you come across something that leaves you gobsmacked.

The party is over so theNTA say and I have to go back to work.

I got a notification that I had to re activate my taxi licence or loose it, so I started the wheels in motion. Getting through on the phone is something else, sending emails was not much better.

Even when I got through I got advice from different people who did not know anything about their job. The website gave email addresses for different departments "info@" which is not an email address at all. 

So next on the agenda was to get an NCT (car testing)

I needed 3 new tyres, so I sent a text to my local garage and was told to attend in the morning.

9.30 I arrive in. I waited for around 20 mins until John the owners son came over. "Could you come back at 3.30?"

So I came back and after another 1/2 hour waiting a mechanic came over and knocked off 3 wheels. Just before he broke down the tyres he asked 

"Where are the tyres for this car?"

The garage owners son said

"Theres no tyres of that size here, we sold 9 of those tyres this morning"

So there I was with my car test in the morning and no new tyres.

So I went into Advance pitstop where I was seen to straight away, wheels balanced and out of there within 45 minutes.

So there is new garage, I will not be going back to the old one again for sure.

Look after your customers and your customers will look after you.

Words from Arnold Clark a car dealer I once met (Look him up on Wikipedia )

You look after a customer and you have a friend for life. 

Treat him badly and he will tell 100 people.

The green stickers on the front and back windows I was told to remove them when I took my taxi off the road, now I have to make an appointment to have them put back on.

How mad is this? 

A few years ago I sold my old taxi and I did not know to take off the stickers. They needed them back! I had to pay to have them re-issued so that they could destroy them €40 Ouch!

Then they were going to fine me for having my licence lapsed.

The car was not in use I said ! After 15 minutes away they said that there would be no penalty, but the renewal would be from the period the old licence lapsed, even though the car was off the road.

So its a new car for next year and I decided to look at a new Nissan Leaf, So I went to a garage in Raheny.

I parked at the showroom, I went and looked at a Leaf, I saw a manager, I saw a salesman

I walked around the car and the salesman walked into the managers office.

I waited 2 more minutes and walked out.

To look at me and the way I dress I dress in the style of Warren Buffet and Chuck Feeney.

They had loads of money.

Paul Daniels once introduced me once as a very very wealthy man

"You don't see him wasting money buying good clothes".

He was such a great magician.

I had a friend from New Zealand who told me about 2 scruffy guys at a machinery exhibition, the older salesmen ignored them. A young lad who had recently joined the company engaged them in conversation and won a £2 million contract for plant. They were the biggest road construction company in the southern hemisphere and hey bought trucks capable of shifting 200 tonnes at a time.  

They were starting a big project.  

As well as his bonus the boss gave him a new car as a present.


You just never know.

 

1 comment:

  1. Taxis in Kent island Maryland

    If you’ve crossed the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, you’ve gone right by Kent Island. Located off the west coast of Queen Anne’s County, Kent Island sits at the base of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, connecting Maryland’s eastern and western shores. Public transportation through this area is limited, and Annapolis Taxi Cabs can alleviate difficult transportation situations. Annapolis Taxi Cabs offers reliable Taxi Cab Service in Kent Island Maryland.

    ReplyDelete