Sunday, February 06, 2022

Let the games begin

So it has come to pass that the 6 nations rugby kicked off and thousands of fans came to see Ireland beat Wales. Not a simple task. They are on a par with the all blacks of New Zealand for skill and ability.

So right from when I got up the ball started hopping for me. One job after the next. Wonderful after all this time.

But I know that Monday will be back to slow jobs. This is the nature of the job.

One poor unfortunate lady was Mary Hanafin, She left her return ticket back to Thurles, it cost her €43.98,it was stuck into the slot for the seat belt in the back. If I had seen it in time I would have brought it down to the ticket office and she would have had a great surprise. I am going on a train next week from Manchester to Blackpool  that is a fair hop. But if you book your tickets on trainline.com you get a great price. Return ticket Manchester to Blackpool €22.64 that is nearly half the price. 

Still you have to keep your travel documents safe.There is heartbreak when tickets and passports go astray.

One day I was walking towards the gate in Dublin airport when a guy in front of me dropped his passport. I picked it up and went after him. He didn't even say thanks and then he dropped it again. This time I stood behind him at the security gate and let him sweat for a few minutes before I gave it back to him again. I told him that it is important to say thank you, what do you mean? I just told him that if I was a different kind of person I might have thrown his passport into the bin to teach you a lesson. He might learn some day. 

Good manners cost you nothing.

At the airport with an English man, €18 on the meter, he said "Give me a receipt for 20. so I wrote it and he grabbed it and ran off. I was shouting for him to come back. There was a Garda there and he asked me what the problem was. So I told him that the guy had not paid and just ran off and can I run after him?. No you can,'t. I will look after this, so he got onto his radio. 20 minutes later the passinger was 

was brought back by a Garda to the taxi.

You didn't  pay this man. 

Yes I did I have a receipt to prove it

Now sir the taxi driver says not, but we can go down to the police station and play you back the footage  from his camera and if it happens that you did not pay we will convict you for theft.

He paid €18 and then the Garda said the receipt was for €20, so I got the €20

I have missed my bloody flight thanks to you he roared as he turned to go.

The Garda looked him straight in the face and said this is all your fault, now be on you way and enjoy the rest of your day.. 

He was really boiling as he went off. 

The Garda had radioed ahead and the other Garda waited just as he went through the first security check, then dragged him all the way back to us.

There are bad days and great days  


No comments:

Post a Comment