Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Feed the dove and starve the wolf

 With this war going on it is very hard to see the good side of anything.

There is an American Indian saying "Inside every person there is a wolf and a dove.You must starve the wolf and feed the dove"

The body of a wonderful looking woman Bernadette Connolly was found washed up on the beach at Blackpool recently. Her poor daughter was making pleas on Facebook and social media, it is heartbreaking.

Suicide is so hard on the people who loved them. One day a guy that I knew  asked me to come and have lunch with him.Three other people were present but he only asked me. I had popped into the wholesalers for supplys and the crew were waiting on me for the gear. I congratulated him on his big promotion to European head of operations and went on my way. 4 days later I was in the wholesalers again and the boss asked me why I had not been at Rorys funeral. He had gone out to Killiney and hung himself less than an hour when we had parted company. He was married to an air hostess, owned a fantastic house and no visible problems.

Years later I had a psychiatrist in the car and I asked him.

"You friend had reached the departure gate when you spoke with him. Sad to relate that even if you were trained to look for the clues it is very hard to turn them around once they have reached that point."

I went to the Samaritans once and I asked them to produce stickers for the back of taxis, just to get the message out there. At the time they did it. But with all this madness thats going on we need more

Feed the Dove and starve the Wolf

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice blog ,Thank you for sharing.-

    It will may help you :-
    psychologist services near me

    ReplyDelete