Wednesday, December 06, 2023

There is a God !

 After being asked for €50 by the NTA I wrote a letter and a week later a very polite lady rang me and she told me to Present the taxi and they would put the new sticker on. "There will be no charge for this procedure"They have a thousand teeth to trap you. I sold a taxi once and I did not remove the stickers from the front and back windows. I was told that I had to bring them back or there would be a £60 charge, I contacted the new owner and she had taken off the stickers. But she found one in the bin and I drove up to her house to collect it. So I drove to the test center the next day and he said that as one of the discs was missing I would have to pay £30. He would then destroy both discs and re issue new ones. 

You couldn't make it up.

I could take you out for an evening and show you at least 20 un documented drivers, but that would mean that the officials would have to come out late at night.

A few years ago I had a girl from London in the car. She told me that her parents were going to Heathrow and they went to the railway station. After a while a railway porter told them that on Sunday there were no trains to the airport. They rushed down and took the only taxi and she called an UBER. When he arrived she noticed that he was going in the opposite direction. The driver fobbed off her protests. She sent a text to her friend. Her friend told her to jump out when the taxi stopped in traffic.

When her chance came the doors were locked !

He friend told her by text to open the window and say that she is getting sick. When she did the taxi stopped and she jumped head first out the window. She landed on her face scraping her head as well. The Police were called and she was told to contact UBER.. After a few weeks she contacted the Police again. They contacted UBER and they said that they had no booking at that place or time and so the story ended. She was so happy to have a friend to talk to that night.

UBER is everywhere here in Dublin and coming soon we will have rickshaws for christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment