Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Setteling into Autumn



An old Citroen DS, beautiful smooth car on the road

Click on the photo to see it better. It is sections of propellers which have been at Dublin Docks for a few years, I know I have shown them to you before.

You do notice the coldness in the air and the trees changing, just the slight fading of the green leaves,not turning brown yet.

Tuesday was Laytown races day.
Imagine horse racing on the beach.
Tuesday also Mohamed Alli become a free man of Ennis,he has come to claim his Irish roots.
What a showman, go see the movie "When we were Kings"
It is also 30 years lince Louis Mountbatten was killed when his boast was blown up by the IRA.


The schools are back now nearly all the kids are out in their uniforms and the traffic is up a good 25%.
Business is also up a little.
I went through College Green today, the new bus lane is working fine for us,but the ordinary cars are being fined, no mercy at all.
As I was going through they pulled in 3 cars and a van, they are processing them fast,they must be on a bonus.

Everyone, buy a taxi now,its the best way forward.

Every time I sit down to add a piece to the blog I often hit a blank.

One thing I have on my mind is my income tax,loads of taxi drivers have had audits carried out.
Bank statements examined and questions asked.
Ray a friend of mine had one and the inspector said "Where do you account for your cash work?"
I was held up at knife point and with a syringe, I only do radio work said Ray.
Yes it can be a dangerous job too.

We must have a tax Clarence cert to carry on, so its onwards and upwards.

I wonder where Bertie Ahern's tax Clarence cert is?

I had a guy hail me in Baggott St. today. I flashed the lights and he waved. I had my left indicator on to pull over when a guy shot up on the inside lane and the punter got in,more fool him.
I hope the punter knew where he was going as the driver was one of the "You show,Me go" brigade.

There is no basic manners among drivers any more.

Roy was having a bit of a rant about prostitution and trafficking, I have carried 3 links on this blog to sites which give you an insight into the "slave"trade.

The stolen child W.B.Yeats
"To and fro we leap
And chase the frothy bubbles,
While the world is full of troubles
And is anxious in its sleep.
Come away, O human child!
To the waters of the wild
With a fairy hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.

Link here

Problem is that they are taken by fiends not faeries.

I had a Mona Lisa (movie) moment last weekend and I am making little headway in resolving it.
What chance would a non Irish national have?.
Still if we taxi drivers share information we could curb the spread of trafficking.

Ring Store St.Garda station ask for Insp Lordin,operation Quest 01 666 8000.

I thought 666 was the number of the devil,
but all Dublin Garda stations are 666


This video should be shown to people who are caught texting in traffic.
No one causes an accident on purpose we know that.

Texting while driving

WARNING ITS GRAPHIC.
BEST NOT TO LOOK IF YOU HAVE LOST SOMEONE RECENTLY

I had to re find this, there are follow up pieces too.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post John...Really well done...and the PSA that you finished with is the best I've ever seen and I will be forwarding that on to all I care about.I sat in silence for a good minute after it ended. As a former Firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician, that is as real as it gets. Keep posting the great stuff brother, and we'll keep learning it. Peace.

    ReplyDelete