Sunday, December 02, 2018

Time is moving on Ho Ho Ho

Graham shoes on Wicklow St closing down

Life size toy soldiers in the Westbury Hotel

A Turkey is not just for Christmas

A very strange pop up restaurant. Have supper in Dublin while Jimmy in Australia has breakfast.




Its a strange thing how we go through life wishing that you could change decisions that you made.
A friend of mine who drives a taxi wonders if he had gone left instead of right would his day have worked out better. There is a movie called "Sliding doors" which explores the idea.
As for myself I reckon you make your choices and hope to do better next time.

I had a very toxic lady in the taxi last week
So these pair of women were going into St.Ann St. and as I turned into D'Oleer St the traffic was backed up to let a tram go past.
One of them leaned forward and said."You didn't go the way the SatNav was telling you, so I am only giving you €20. The fair was €25. But what can you do?
Then I noticed that it was on a credit card, so I stuck on another€20 after she left.
I really did it by accident and when it dawned on her that I had taken €40 I could see her running down the road after me.Then the phone starts ringing, so I didn't answer.
Later on I sent a text message to her and to the MyTaxi hq saying that the fair was €25 and she short changed me by €5 and to only refund €15. I went to the office and made my point again.
Guess what the did as I asked.
She was a cheeky smart arsed bitch.

So one of our fellow taxi drivers is Indian looking, though he is as Irish as Guinness stout and he was coming down the Swords road minding his own business when a woman cut across the traffic to turn into the Altzimers place before the Bonnington hotel. Bang and all the airbags explode in the car and he pulls over while they sort things out.
He rang his boss (Hired taxi) who told him to get an ambulance. Then the shock struck him and caused him to vomit on the lawn. When he came back over the lady was laughing and joking with the Garda. They looked at his license for a second and just dismissed him as a stupid Indian.
Meanwhile the lady wrote a three page letter to his insurance company.
The insurance company said it looked bad for him.
So he said the magic words.
"You don't have to take my word, or her word for it. Just look at the footage from my dashcam,"

Her company accepted full liability and he had a months paid holiday.

Never leave home without your dashcam.

2 comments:

  1. This is a nice blog. You told the importance of carrying dashcam while going out. Keep awaring the people like this. You are doing good work. Keep it up.
    All the best!
    Express Cars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I started reading your blogs now regularly. Am enjoying it doing so. Keep the good work up ho ho ho....:)
    Wish you a happy blogging always!
    Croydon to Luton Airport Taxi

    ReplyDelete