Sunday, July 10, 2022

A huge jackpot

 Up and at it again.

A full 9 days with Covid.

I worked for a few days and now my old taxi is off the road while I prepare the new car for action.

My son is doing the taxi test and I will pass the taxi over to him when he qualifies. It is a hard test, so hard indeed that  a taxi driver who let his licence lapse went to do the test again. He failed it 8 times before giving up. Yes it is that hard.

One problem with flying overseas is your luggage. I had a lady from Toronto who lost her bag. No one in Air Canada or any of the baggage handlers wants to help her.

Welcome to the new reality. They just look through you she said.

This is why I will not travel for the foreseeable future.

Still the euromillions is €260 million, so I might go. Privately.

My hero when it comes to money is Chuck Feeney. He invented something very simple. 

Duty Free Shopping DFS. 

He decided that God did not give him the money to buy fancy houses or cars.

Secretly (until the day I met him) he used his entire wealth to help people around the world.

Mr. Obama brought out a law that you could not give away more that $2000 anonymously.

Mr.Feeny did not tell me, but I read in the paper the next day that he had used his entire fortune to help people to the tune of $8 Billion.

I wrote to him to tell him how wonderful his actions were and we stayed in touch for around 10 years. He promised me that he will guide me if I win the lottery.

There is a book about him called "The billionaire who wasn't" by Conor O'Cleary.

Look, you might think this is bullshit. But if you let someone know that you came into money your life will change for the worse. A guy that I worked with won £4.7 Punts and he had to go to live in America. 

I told him what a big mistake telling people was. But at that point it was too late.

By the way he was a really good person

Ok tell the family you won €6,000 and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment