Sunday, July 17, 2022

Trouble with the regulator

 So I am waiting to have my new car passed out.

You or I would think that this would be a simple exercise, but it is not.

I filled out the forms and had the meter taken out of the old car and went to Northpoint at the time where I was told that I had no appointment. She checked the system and told me that I was wrong.

So I went home and made a phone call to be told that as I had not arrived that I have had my appointment cancelled and I would have to pay again??????????????????????????????? €195

Now for taxis the office us upstairs, I had all the stickers in my see through folder when I went into the NCT office downstairs. Perhaps the person downstairs should have asked me if it was a taxi? 

Then go upstairs sir.!!! 

I would let it all go but my youngest son wants to take the taxi over, so I can do that for him.

I remember the last time I changed over I had not taken the green stickers from the front and back windows, So I asked the new owner, but she had thrown them out, but found one in the bin.

When I went back to them they told me that they would print a new sticker and then (I kid you not) when it was printed they would destroy it and there was a charge of around €30.

There was a movie made years ago called falling down about a customer going berserk trying to deal with bullshit. I saw on my last visit a Chinese gent passing over his taxi for the NCT and they looked at his papers. Your insurance cert has expired, that is for the current year you need the new Cert.

He was stunned and he spent around 1/2 hour on the phone before going away. A new booking fee and a few weeks delay to follow. He showed me the new disc on the windshield, all fell on deaf ears.You or I or any reasonable person would test the car and then allow him to go home and bring the other cert back.

When the new cert checks out they could complete the transaction.

The Prius has a screen which covers luggage in the back of the car. 

The Taxi people would not pass out my Prius as it was not present in the car on the day of the test.

Would they let me bring it back in an hour?  No No pay again and come back.

Their theory is that in a crash the luggage could be launched into the air and kill the passenger.

Halfords sell a luggage net which works far better and is much more secure.

Here is advice that was given to me from a multi billionaire.

Live within your means and save a little bit.

If you earn €100 a week or a €1000 that is your limit.

When your spending goes out of control it spirals and you might never be able to get things back on track.

Don't get a credit card, they are handy. Provided that you can clear the debt at the end of the month. But never ever live your life in debt. In America you will see elderly people packing groceries at the supermarket check outs. They are working to pay off credit card debt and when they die the bank will take over their homes.Over here now the old reverse mortgages companies are rearing their head again. "Enjoy the equity of your home today" Then when you might need to go into a care home you have nothing behind you.

Remember your kids might need a bit of cash to pass on the grandchildren as well.

He said that if you read the paper and make investments for own future will pay far better than a life insurance policy. They take the profit and pass the losses back to you.

Spread the risk and you cannot go wrong.

On the hand he told me that if he was starting again he would be a taxi driver.

Look don't be negative, you can work when you want, you meet great people and it only takes one good idea to make millions. ( All this from a gay who turned out to be a Billionaire)
You know you have to put up with a lot of bad manners and I told him of an example.

You handled that badly. Stop the car and kick them out. Education is a great thing.

He was right, I did it 3 times after that. the second guy I threw out cried like a spoiled child and offered €100 on top of the taxi fair, Sorry sir education will cost you a lot more I said.

So on the bright side the Euromillions is €230 million on Tuesday next and when it clicks for me I will give Chuck Feeney a call. 

He is the man who gave away $ 8 billion. And yes I will tell no one

A simple idea he invented duty free shopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment