Wednesday, July 27, 2022

The madness will end

 Sorry I repeated myself again by mentioning Chuck Feeney a few times.

I am bringing my old car to a garage to have it serviced, there is a misfire in the engine, a new set of spark plugs should sort it out. Then in another week I am getting that car stripped, all the old advertising removed. 

Then there is a big job of selling it on.It is well worth while getting your taxi wrapped. People know that you are a taxi from far away and scratches are deflected by the vynal branding.

Never sell a car to someone you know. 

All the potential problems that one can bring you. 

I got the new car passed out now and now I need to have the meter sealed. 

In a day or 2 the new fares will be kicking in and my meter man can put in the new fares and I will be ready to go again I hope.

I brought my old car to a new garage for a simple oil change and to get him to look at a knocking sound in the engine.He rang me back with a list     ........A new back tyre...New wiper blades 4 new bulbs..

I went over and asked him if he was mad or if he would like to earn €100 by betting that all this is true.

He declined and I said that this is not the way to grow his business.

Oh well I will try someone I know to do the rest of the work.

Canadian Broadcasting corporation has a great series of clips on you tube about rogue garages one of the people is a qualified female mechanic.

One strange one came into all this.

We decided to transfer my wife's insurance to the old taxi, as my insurance company says that you can only insure one car at a time, great, cover for 2 weeks. Then when we went to extend it they found out that we were not insured with them at all !!!! We had left that company 2 years ago.Shock horror.

I was not insured at all.


So a little story of one of my eccentric customers.

He is in show business, very rich and lives in Monaco.

He had a meeting in London and went to his hotel to unload his bag.

The receptionist was on a private call, talking about the wedding etc.

He waited and then banged the bell a few times. 

Her reaction was to turn her back on him.

He reached over and cut off the phone. 

She exploded.

She sent for the manager.
The manager took the side of his receptionist.
Ok  Ok I will leave, but if I am charged for the room you will both suffer.

He was charged.

6 weeks later my good man walked back in with a few people behind him.

Do you remember me?

Oh yes of course we do, you are the rude man.
Well no. I am your ex boss. 
I now own the hotel.
Here are your resignation papers, you have 20 minutes to get out.

He turned the whole place around and had pop stars staying over plus a super chef who held gala dinners.
18 months later he sold it, and the profit was around 70% I have been informed 

I have been told that he has done that 5 other times.

Its a funny place Monaco. People hate to be there but hate to pay their taxes.

A sunny place for shady money




 

No comments:

Post a Comment