Thursday, July 28, 2022

I hope this great guys story ends now.

Some journeys take you from A to B. Sometimes the journey takes longer and stays with you for years. This is such  journey.

From the Westbury hotel to the Guinness hop store. OK

He started telling me his tale straight away.

I was an orphan and I grew up in care of the nuns. Only when I was 10 years old was I adopted by a German couple who took me to America. You have no idea what it was like growing up without a mother and father who loved you, no one to hug you and kiss you goodnight.

So this couple took me to America and I grew up there.

They were German and taught me the German work ethic, with the gift of the gab from my Irish side I was sure to succeed.

I came back to the orphanage in Ireland to try to trace my parents, or to learn something about them

I said that that was a very bad mistake and he said.

When I saw the place again I fell to the ground my heart doing 900 beats to the minute.

My wife and daughter thought I was having a heart attack. Little by little I recovered and spoke to the nuns but they could not or would not help me.

He told me his story.

I worked at a few things and around 18 I teamed up with a carpenter, we worked on a few projects together. Then we bought an old house and renovated it. We bought another and worked on that as well.

In the states its called "Flipping houses" after we had done 12 or more we each bought a house and we went our separate ways.

I found my niche and now I fit out offices!

No it is not so simple to give the proper fit out in today's modern needs.

It turned out that his company covers most of America and Google and Facebook were his clients here in Dublin. 

No bullshit he was the real article.

I had no email or phone contact BUT now you can get access to your birth records

birthinfo.ie

I really wish him well.

We have had the hardest time from the church. There is a plot of land where they have found the remains of 800 babies many thrown into a septic tank.

At Guinness I wished him well and he gave me €40 and told me to bring his wife and daughter back to the Westbury. At journeys end I tried to give his wife back the change.

"If thats what he gave you, then thats what you get"

No comments:

Post a Comment