Sunday, September 25, 2022

Just like fishing

 Driving the taxi is just like fishing,you go to your favorite spot where the fish always jump and nothing happens, you wait and then you finally admit defeat and you move on. After cruising around you head for a train station, which is dead as well.

So finally you head for home ween you spot a good job.....Going to the airport €24 Yippee.

He was from Rome and I told him about the wonderful design fault of the Maserati quadroporta.

The air filter is inside the front left wing and to change is a few hours work and the mechanic doesn't do it.

The amazing thing is that a service costs  £1,000 ouch !

Then when he was getting out I told him that I once nearly bought a classic Fiat car once.

What model?   I think I told him the wrong model it was a Topolino. It was garaged for its life and the owner had died. Sight unseen I offered him €2000 and told him that I would be down to Cork in the morning,

My wife overheard the conversation and threw a big bucket of cold water on my plans.

So I found out the next day that the car was worth €12,000 in good condition and the one I missed was driving and ready to go WOW


So my dashcam was giving me problems and I brought it to Mr. Fixit and he said that it is Kaput.

I found another dashcam in the kitchen and wait for it.

It films forwards and inside with LED for the internal camera. A third camera can be fitted to the back of the car. That is not all. The camera is linked to the internet which records your speed, time and date.

As if that was not enough it records your GPS position.

Around an hour after I found it I remembered that an ex.friend of mine had asked me to order it for him. Then when it came he decided that he didn't want it after all.

He bought a much cheaper camera and it has missed 2 chances of helping him.

So get a dashcam When that car comes across the road and hits you.

Remember to unplug the camera and wait at least 10 minutes before taking out the chip. Take it home and one of your children will copy it in to your computer.

So the dashcam I now have is called a Zenfox.T3

Once upon a time I was turning right and a car shot up and T boned me. He was ranting and raving and I put in a claim to his insurance company. They rang me to tell me that I was at fault so I should pay.

So 6 months later I had my solicitor ready and went to court. The other party had photographs and drawing of the area.(before dashcams)

Traffic lights had been erected at the spot in the meantime. He stated that I had cut across the junction while he had a GREEN light. As my solicitor sat down I told him that there was no traffic lights there at the time..

My man stood up again and asked him if his light was green? Are you are sure of that?

Then you are saying that my client went through on Red?

You are sure of that?

There was no traffic lights there at that time. You are making everything up.

I got paid in full.

No comments:

Post a Comment