Friday, October 07, 2022

Monday might be a big day

 My son and heir is sitting the taxi PSV exam on Monday.

He has failed it a few times but he is getting over 80% at the moment in the tests on line.

When he takes over I will devote my time to other things.

A taxi driver I knew once who had allowed his licence to lapse tried to pass the modern exam 8 times and failed it before he decided to try something else. 

Tragic I say, with his experience.

So today I had a lucky escape, not in the taxi.

The fluorescent light in the computer room stopped working, so I took out the ladder and had a look.

But when I started to dismantle the fitting WATER came out! I drained the fitting and you could see that the water had shorted out the light I could see that the fitting almost started a fire.

Wow.

So tomorrow its off to the electrical wholesalers. 

You know, thoughts wing there way back to me,2 stories from my previous life.

An elderly lady asked me to look at her portable phone which was Kaput.

So I diagnosed a worn out battery and replacement batteries were £6.50

She blew a fuse and told me that her nephew had fixed it for £2.00

She was lucky her assistant was there when it went on fire, portable phones need rechargeable batteries .

She listened to me after that. 

On another job I gave the lady of the house a price for a security system, she rang me and told me that her husband had decided that they did not need a security system as they had burglar proof windows.

We were busy anyhow and a few weeks later the call came in."Please come ASAP"

It turned out that the Gurrier who robbed the house threw a gas cylinder through the bay window.

The husband was more upset about his model car collection being taken than he was about her jewelry being taken that the next time I was there they had divorced.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:34 PM

    Does that mean ull have more time to visit qld laurie

    ReplyDelete