Thursday, September 02, 2010

My oldest friend













There is more to life than driving a taxi.
Mabel is my oldest friend she is 100 years and 7 months old.
She is very much on the ball, lives alone, cooks cleans for herself and reads the paper for me every day. Then she passes on the highlights to me!

So now that the last of the good weather is here we went off to the butterfly farm in Straffin Co. Kildare.

A very special thank you to our hosts who made us feel so welcome, nothing was too much trouble for them and a vast array of animals were taken out of their cabinets to greet Mabel.
It was a really great day out.
We went on the last day of the season.

Mabel asked when they would be opening again. When she was told it would be in May she said "I will come back again in May"

I have absolutely no doubt that we will return.

So what else is new John?

This dance troupe from Brazil stole the show at the Edinburgh festival.
Its not Riverdance for sure. Look at how subtle the dancers body's are,like rubber.

Well I liked it anyhow.

Perhaps this dance routine would help to loosen up the bad backs of the Dublin taxi drivers.

Go on beat yourselves up..

Where did that Celtic Tiger go?
Here is the Super Hoofer.

3 comments:

  1. Cool butterfly shots! If I ever get to Ireland, I'll definitely put the butterfly farm on my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place is a good 15 miles from Dublin. Its close to the K club.
    If you do go there hold your hand over your lens to warm it up as the butterfly house is tropical with very high humidity. Also the butterflies close their wings when they land so they are hard to photograph. Moths though slept with their wings open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great day. I hope someone will be kind enough to take me for a day out when I'm 100+. What does Mabel think about the whole blog concept?

    ReplyDelete