Tuesday, April 30, 2019

A leak changes my plans

The search for the  new phone continues, the old phone develops more faults by the day.
Perhaps the old phone has eaten the new one.

I look after a house on behalf of a friend who lives abroad, there is a shower upstairs which has leaked into the sitting room below.
The tennants did not ring me and when I went down the other day I discovered it.
It was quite a disaster, I ripped down the celling in the sitting room to see how wet it was.
It was really bad, the Damp Store man sprayed the timbers and I tackled the shower cubicle, ripping it from its foundations I found more of its problems.
The shower cubicle had a corner entrance and I had bought a seal for the door on Amazon, but it didn't quite work. When I was ripping it out I found that the door had been hung upside down, so the magnetic seal was on the inside.
Wait!  Whats those 2 holes doing there ? The handle should have been fitted there and the "Handyman" had taken it off as it was blocking the sliding door.

So then the shower had not been properly "tanked" water had crept in behind the tiles.
So the tiles had to come off.

On Saturday I took out the hoover and found it jammed with dirt.
Out at the dustbin someone opened the back door.
A rush of wind and bang. The result was a broken door handle.
Most of the locksmiths are closed on Saturday, wow what a chase I had to find a replacement handle of sorts. which took another 3 hours to fit as the holes in the door did not match. Then I had to cut the screws to fit the door.
Fogertys in Dame St beside the Olympia, Dyno locks in Capel St do open on Saturday.

Phew !

The only good way to find a trradesman is to ask around
Not one will give you a reciept, I must pay cash.

I told the tennants who are beautiful girls from Brazil that they could shower in my house if they wanted. (Just to help) But they said that they would work something out.

Just an observation, Brazilian people are the most optamistic people you can ever meet, always happy and hugging. Their country should be the richest in the world but there is absolute poverty everywhere. The corruption is totally widespread.
Look on YouTube to see the kind of gun crime which is there.
Let me stop there.
Wonderful people, beautiful country. Total ecomonic devastation.

So the repairs continue into the week.
I really hope it will be right this time. the new shower screen and side panel cost around €800 !


Did you hear this one.

"A light plane has crashed into Glassnevin cemetry 400 bodies have so far been recovered .
Digging continues through the night"

No comments:

Post a Comment