Friday, October 29, 2021

Inside Dubai’s Supercar Graveyard




OK so I didn't win the Euromillions. 
But even if I did I would never flash the cash on fancy cars.
A really pretty girl that I met at Lidl from Romania was driving a Merc and she was putting loads of shopping into it. I remarked that she must have a big family with so much shopping.
Her story really affected me to this day.
She had a good job so she bought this expensive car. Then the Covid came and wiped out her income. Now she has to deliver groceries for Lidl, just so that she can hold on to her car. The video above shows the tragedy of what can happen when your finances run out of control.
I once met a very wealthy man in my taxi who told me that the success in financial terms is to live within your means. If you are on €1000 a week spend €800 and save €200. If you are on only €100 try to live on €90 and save €10. Sure your car breaks down and you have to borrow. Buy the best car that you can afford, not the flashy one and study your repayments.
Now that man told me a lot more during that journey and when you Google his name
His name was Chuck Feeney the one and only a superman among us mortals. 

The business is not back yet but the risk of picking it up seem to be as high as ever, so if I want to see my grandchildren I have to give it up again at least until I get my third shot 

1 comment:

  1. An exceptionally captivating web journal for this kind of subject, pouring out done with each kind of information. If you need to inspect erring on these connected subjects, you can see us at used motors for sale

    ReplyDelete