Sunday, May 01, 2022

May day.


So we arrive at May day and lets hope that Mr Putin and his soldiers go back to marching around Red sq and leave Europe in peace.

I went up to Lidl and I spoke to a retired fireman that I met there and I asked him if he knew my old flatmate called Mick Shore. "A big giant of a man and a thorough gentleman through and through. I knew Mick well. He died a few years ago." 
Time passes.
At that time the milkman delivered the milk to Achill Rd where we lived by horse and cart. The milkman picked up the full bottles and when he dropped in the empties the horse moved on by himself to the next house, automatic service.

I had a hell of a good day the other day,the good folks were heading off for the long weekend and around 4.30 I got a call from an old customer for a short run. Everywhere hands were up one job after another 
In 3 hours I had taken in more money than in the previous fortnight.
Luck is what this job is all about. I never turn down a small job in the hope of getting a bigger one, more often you do a short hop and it puts you in line for a better job.

I have to rush now but I will be back soon,

1 comment:

  1. At that time the milkman delivered the milk to Achill Rd where we lived by horse and cart. The milkman picked up the full bottles and when he dropped in the empties the horse moved on by himself to the next house
    taxi phan rang ninh thuận

    ReplyDelete