Thursday, June 24, 2010

Going the extra mile


The roads are built and I suppose the banks have taken away theese mining tippers, they are huge and very new.

Mini Cooper.


My first fare of the day rode with me all day !
I couldn't get her out of my mind.
(No not that )
A Polish girl, I picked her up on the Clontarf Rd and after I had said my few words she told me how she was being bullied at work, the bullying is so bad that it has,effected her health and now she has heart problems.
I told her to write down what happened, dates and times and who saw it and go to her HR department.
She said that she had done this and her employer did nothing.
I Googled Bullying in the workplace and got lots of information there.I hope it works.www.citizensinformation.ie › Employment › Equality in work
I really felt like giving her a hug, it is awful.
She is a really shy gentle girl..Imagine coming here from your family and being bullied so badly that you are ill..Then you have no folks to go home to.

I gave her my phone number and if she rings me I found someone today who are looking for staff..
I just thought I would pitch that now..



I was told a taxi story today which was heard on BBC radio 4 today.
After the tube bombings in London a lady had come to identify the body of her daughter.
After she had done this she wanted to get home to recover from the horror of the event, there was not a taxi in sight and as she searched one pulled up to let out a passenger. She ran up an jumped in. "Sorry love I'm booked "said the driver.

He saw the state of her face and just said, "stay there"

When the driver heard that she had just come from doing he told her to relax and tell him where she lived.
He then drove her to Reading and refused any money.

"I just had to do this for you to let you know that there are still plenty of people in the world who care."

She never forgot his kindness.

20 comments:

  1. Good show on the bullying issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a kind and generous soul, taking care of the people in all of our lives, and for that I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great topic. I'm so glad I clicked on notiable blogs and found you! Thank you for sharing-its great to know there is still kindness in the world! Have a great rest of the week!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a great story. I loved my visit to Dublin 5 years ago. I can imagine those streets get pretty tough to navigate from time to time. Great blog.

    Darrin
    http://saygeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really believe in angels, but, if I did, I would say that many of them have come to Earth in the form of cab drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:22 PM

    I love your blog but hey, I've gotta tell you, there's a major type in your headline. it says, "Dublin IS BE a passerngers paradise" Hope you don't mind I'm poiinting it out --

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog on blogs of note! Such an interesting and different idea! Glad I found it! And such a good story by the way! Look forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless Cab drivers. Heaven only knows they've got me out of a pickle or two in my time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That typo must have been at the top for 6 months or more..Thanks
    A cooler day in Dublin today. Stevie Wonder was in town last night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!!
    Pretty good post. I just came by your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog posts.
    In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    Good Luck and have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post you have here...:) wish someone would save me too from bullies...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must meet some interesteing people, never short on a conversation either, sounds neat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post!!! just blog hopping . . .

    Exchange link Guys ahehehehe

    Fedge Shacks

    ReplyDelete
  15. You would really hope that bully behavior is left in school. This is so sad to hear this also happening in the workplace.

    In U.S., with all the shootings in schools etc..., we are ultra sensitive to bullying. Or at least that is my experience, even to the point to break up exclusive social groups.

    It is really sad that this woman is so far from home and has to go through such behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog and Dublin :). Congratulations for making it into the 'blog of note' section.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow man...I like the fact that you actually write about the good things man...and give aid for the bad. You don't just sit there and rant about the bad. Very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your blog! My ex is from Dublin (we parted on friendly terms.) His father was a taxi driver... I'm going to pass your link on to him, I think he would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great topic . I really enjoy your writing .
    Visit my blog at http://madamefashionista-fashionloveandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete