Saturday, March 28, 2009

O2 blues


Browns restaurant St.Stephens Green


Archers garage an "Art Deco" building knocked down and re built under duress.


My only photo of the O2 building


Saturday today I only found out that when I went to buy the paper, I thought it was Sunday. Its that old Dejas Vous feeling again.

Last night Tina Turner knocked out and wowed her audience, she has 3 or 4 dates booked.
Everyone was in awe of the show and everyone could not believe that a woman of 69 could do so much so well with so much energy and look so great as well.

Well as for the O2 venue I am not happy at all about at how the taxis or the punters were treated.
They plan to build an extension to the Luas tram to the point, but the line is under construction. So they ferry the punters back down to and from various locations via coach.
All fair and well,
BUT they won't allow taxis to pick up or drop off customers at the venue. I joined a queue of taxis waiting for the concert to end last night, just as the first customers came out a Garda car came along with his blue lights flashing and moved us all off,Empty. I drove down Sheriff St and back around via Glenforbes rd. A Garda came down and moved us off even though some of the other guys had meetings arranged at that spot.
The limos and private cars were allowed to stay.
Down the quays and back across and around again, waiting on East Wall road until the trickle became a flood of people I drove back up towards the 02 again this time I got 4 people heading into town, I had to drive up to the roundabout and back again and when driving past the Garda one of them ran forward an shook his fist at us, my group were 4 ladies 2 from N.Ireland and 2 from Cornwall and to say the least they found it intimidating, but as I said at the time if I had shook my fist at him I would have been arrested.
When a crime happens they ask if anyone would come forward and wonder why taxi drivers are reluctant to help.
On dropping them off the first couple gave 1/2 the fare to the second couple, the second couple then paid me the total fare at the end of the journey,, when I checked the change not only were they not correct , but they were short a euro, after all that effort e5 tip would have been well in order, after all I had brought them the quickest route home.
I was threatened with a parking ticket a few weeks ago at the o2, I told the lunatic Garda that I had a lady in a wheelchair, she didn't care, I said I was unloading anyhow. Then I said that the Lady's niece was a judge so if she did write the ticket we would be seeing her in court. Before she had written the ticket another Garda dragged her away.
A mate of mine Seamus got a e60 fine for dropping 4 lads off, no mercy there.

Tonight is another chance for them to catch me.

If you know someone in planning or in transport perhaps you could help to get proper access for public transport to that venue.
I feel that bribes must have been paid to allow this situation to arise.
It is not right that people in wheelchairs cannot get a proper pick up and drop off spot.
People on crutches or infirm people wobbling round, its dangerous too.

Mr Tommy Gorman our union leader has been made aware of my concerns since the first opening show.

Well I won't expect any action from him.

Anyhow these shows will boost our business before concerts and with a bit of luck we will get something afterwords.

Look boys and girls, the tv news is not carrying this story, Or the newspaper either.

There is an all out taxi strike on Monday from 3AM to 3 AM Tuesday, if you are making plans keep this in mind, this is a nationwide all out strike.

One thing to remember if you are self employed you are not allowed to join a trade union, if you are employed by a company you may join a union. If you have a trade and are self employed you may join an association. Many of the "Hacks" do not know this ands they say this group are not a recognised union.

Part of the plan might be not to mention it so as to anger the traveling public.

Just because you are PARANOID DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO GET YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:33 AM

    YOUR RIGHT AGAIN,NOTHING BUT HASSLE OF THE GARDA IN DUBLIN CITY,IT HAPPENED AT JURYS RANK CHRISTCHURCH OVER THE WEEKEND THREAT OF 60 EURO FINES ME 4 ONE WOULDNT PAY AND TAKE MY CHANCE IN COURT.

    ReplyDelete