Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hunger strike !






I must correct one thing, the guy who is protesting at the Arch Bishops Palace in Drumcondra is on hunger strike,14 days now! I had bought him some food for him

but I found out in time about the hunger strike.
When you are protesting don't hold the gun to your own head. I don't think the Archbishop or the Pope give a shit about what went on..Sad fact that. They only care when there is a chance that it might cost them something.

Look I know nuns and priests who work in India and Africa, against all the odds they provide care and hope to thousands of people, all with very little money while the people at the top of the tree are carried around in sedan chairs like some kind of God.

I have said too much, what morals other people have is none of my business !

A red letter day in our house my son David went on my wife's insurance, he has started driving.
If you have read old issues of this crap you will have read this before, so for the rest of you..

On the first big drive I took with my Daddy we went from Bailieborough Co Cavan to Traynors scrap yard near Moy Co.Tyrone.
When we got there my Dad told Mr.Traynor that I had driven up all the way on my first days driving.
Well he told an assistant to look after my Dad while he showed me something.
Crashed cars, steering wheels bent, "look at this, the knees go through this plastic to be smashed on this bracket here" I could see the blood on the carpets.
Teeth on the dashboard, hair and blood on the windscreen.
Remember this was at the time when there was no seat belts or air bags.
"look I know that you young people are fearless, some day think of what I have shown you and just slow down"
He then brought me to a car which was not badly damaged, He showed me a streak of blood on the roof cloth of the car and a knitted baby shoe..2 minutes is all the time that this guy was trying to save, he tried to overtake at a bend, the car overturned and his daughter died..three lives ruined.

SLOW DOWN THINK OF TOMORROW.

I am starting to repeat myself but if I take David to Traynors I am sure that that mans grandson will give my son the same lesson.
Have a happy life

7 comments:

  1. I seem to remember your Dads lorry going off a bridge in Navan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sam it was near Mullagh, Sean McCabe driving.
    Nothing wrong with your memory anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John,
    I just read our Cardinal O'Malley will be joining Archbishop Martin to "address" issues.
    When O'Malley took over here from the disgraced Cardinal Law, there was a lot of hope in his more progressive realistic demeanor generally, but, sadly, when it came to addressing the pedophilia and 'hide a priest' actions of the past, while he wasn't part of it, he engaged in the cautionary rhetoric that maddeningly didn't call things for what they really are which was about as inspiring as a sermon from a good tax lawyer. Don't expect much more than advice from someone who knows how to conduct pay-offs with the minimal amount or public coverage or accountability in any but financial respects.
    This is a link to our local announcement (sorry, I can't get the 'click' system to work): http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/05/pope_assigns_ca.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. (That should read: minimal amount OF public coverage)

    ReplyDelete
  5. John here, I am going back up to that hunger striker again today. 16 days is too much.
    I think the Church have undestamated the people. They have too much wallpaper and no honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear it John. Tell him they don't need another martyr if they don't get it from the one they supposedly base their faith on, they need a good swift kick in the pants and a reality check- and it seems no dead man can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:36 PM

    Ӏ rarely lеave a rеspοnsе, but і dіd sοme searching and wounԁ up hеre "Hunger strike !".
    Αnԁ I actually ԁo haѵe a couple
    of quеstiоns for уou іf it's allright. Could it be simply me or does it seem like some of these responses come across like they are written by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing on other social sites, I'd like to follοω everything fresh
    you haνe to poѕt. Cοuld yοu liѕt of еvery one of
    yοur cοmmunіty pages like your Facebоoκ ρage, tωіtter feed, or linkеdin profile?


    my web site - v2 cigs reviews
    my web site :: click the up coming site

    ReplyDelete